Who's the last missing piece? (OL)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Arrow, May 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Wow really went out on a ledge with these....

• LOL LOL x 2
  2. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

Did we ever get a definitive word on Vasquez? Is he a definite no go, or did they say they'd resume looking at him once they were done with the draft?

3. kenny

kenny Starter

I do not base any of my opinions on popularity. Lewan had too many penalties last year. He talked about wanting to be a leader on the Oline. The best way he can do that is to go out and play with good technique. His example on the field is his best leadership tool. I like Lewan. Always have. He's got a great attitude & confidence. However, in his 3rd year as the #11 pick it's time his penalties went down. His play has been average to above average. He just needs to be more consistent & not get flagged so much.

In 2015 he had 10 penalties 3 of which were declined. So 7 penalties for 59 yards and allowed 5 sacks. He cleaned it up some during the season. I just want him to be more consistently not making mental mistakes. I do not think that is too much to ask of a guy picked #11 overall in the 3rd year. Actually I think it is pretty much what should be expected of him. No one will be perfect, but as a guy wanting to be a leader he needs to clean it up some.

#33 kenny, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. kenny

kenny Starter

What did you expect?? Want me to pencil in another rookie on a line needing leadership? Sure let's do that to make it more exciting......I think the line has been exciting enough over the past few years. I would like to see this group come together and play mistake free football for a while. There is a lot invested in this group. It needs to be better.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

LT Lewan
    LG Spain
    OC Jones
    RG Tretola
    RT Conklin

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

LT Lewan
    LG Warmack
    C Jones
    RG Tretola
    RT Conklin

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

He does lose his cool a Lot and seems to get a few more penalties than most. When he gets his penalties he goes into diva mode and goes down hill. That may be what people are talking about.

8. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I almost forgot that guy! Thanks..... The Most Interesting Man in the World thread is one of the GOAT. What a POS he was.

9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Bell is the favorite IMO to win the job at LG. He can at least be an average guard.

Warmack will look much better between Conklin and Jones this year.

I think our starting 5 could be a pretty solid group. However, what always seems to kill this team is a lack of quality depth. We seem to have multiple injuries to the OL every year, so having quality depth is just as important as having quality starters for us.

LT - Lewan, Bell
    LG -Bell, Spain/Poutasi/Tretola
    C -Jones, Schwenke
    RG - Warmac. Spain/Poutasi/Tretola
    RT - Conklin, Bell

Our depth now is a lot better at C and G than last year ... if a T goes down we are still screwed

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Truth...Most teams are screwed though when a starting Tackle goes down....We just have to hope that we stay relatively injury free....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar