Who Would You Sign?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If you could (re)sign ONE free agent this off-season, who would it be & why?

Here's a list:
    1. Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints tight end
    2. Greg Hardy, Carolina Panthers defensive end
    3. Brian Orakpo, Washington Redskins linebacker
    4. Jairus Byrd, Buffalo Bills safety
    5. T.J. Ward, Cleveland Browns safety
    6. Alterraun Verner, Tennessee Titans cornerback
    7. Branden Albert, Kansas City Chiefs left tackle
    8. Michael Johnson, Cincinnati Bengals defensive end
    9. Lamarr Houston, Oakland Raiders defensive end
    10. Brent Grimes, Miami Dolphins cornerback
    11. Eugene Monroe, Baltimore Ravens left tackle
    12. Vontae Davis, Indianapolis Colts cornerback
    13. Linval Joseph, New York Giants defensive tackle
    14. Jason Hatcher, Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle
    15. Jared Veldheer, Oakland Raiders left tackle
    16. Aqib Talib, New England Patriots cornerback
    17. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Denver Broncos cornerback
    18. Alex Mack, Cleveland Browns center
    19. Eric Decker, Denver Broncos wide receiver
    20. Michael Bennett, Seattle Seahawks defensive end
    21. B.J. Raji, Green Bay Packers defensive tackle
    22. Sam Shields, Green Bay Packers cornerback
    23. Walter Thurmond, Seattle Seahawks cornerback
    24. Donald Butler, San Diego Chargers linebacker
    25. Randy Starks, Miami Dolphins defensive tackle
    I marked out Jimmy Graham, he's not goint to leave NOLA.

Do you resign Verner? Or pay for a passrusher in Orakpo? How about letting Pollard go and signing TJ Ward (who has worked w/ Horton before). Could Greg Hardy work in a 3-4?

I think I would sign Orakpo. I just think Barr & Mack will end up not being available at #11. We need a true pass rushing OLB and Orakpo can provide that. I have faith in Coty Sensabaugh that he could fill in for Verner.

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I want Brandon Albert. I want to ENSURE that the O-line will be an area of strength on this team in both the pass and run game next season. My second choice is either Hardy or Houston though I lean towards Hardy. 3rd option would be signing TJ ward and 4th would be resigning Verner. Don't get me wrong I would really like to hold on to Alterraun but I really think the young guys behind him can hold down the fort if he leaves.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Greg Hardy. BJ Raji close second, if we're going pure "wants" here, not realistic choices.

4. xpmar9x

Only problem with Albert is having to pay him the $$$. I'd rather draft an OT in the 2nd, hope for the same production, and have him cheap for 4-5 years. With Levitre already on a big deal, Warmack in 4 years will get paid, and Roos still under contract it's alot of $ invested in OL.

Raji wants a 4-3 team

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

If you sign Albert to a long term deal then it means that Roos is done after his contract runs out and Albert takes his spot. You could structure the deal so that the cap hit this year wasn't too bad and appropriate for a RT. Then when he takes over the LT spot his deal is appropriate for it.

I don't want him, but from a cap standpoint you could make it work and make it make sense.

I think this draft is pretty solid at OT and that value could really be had in the 2nd rnd.

6. xpmar9x

Exactly.

Would you rather have:

Orakpo - FA, OT - 2nd round
    OR
    Albert - FA, OLB - 2nd Round (assuming Barr/Mack gone @ #11)

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Man...Tough call! I mean, I do think that this draft has a lot of depth at OT, but Albert is a proven Tackle instantly. No development needed. They could then focus on Defense early, and snag a tackle a bit later for replacement of ROOS eventually and be set for years. RB/Tackle mid to late...Defense and maybe a QB earlier?

8. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Gonna go a different route here. For whatever reason, I saw more of Talib than I cared to this past season.Guy can eliminate one side of the field. This flys in the face of my personal philosophy of the game. Getting an edge rusher has never been too big a deal in my mind either. Toughest pressure to deal with up the middle. So my money would go to a guy who can push the pocket. I dont see that. So I get a good man to man corner so that we can manufacture pressure with blitz packages and such.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Just throwing ideas out there...Either way, they clearly need to do some shopping to fill holes. I will be happy with a good amount on that list.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

You didn't ask what the players wanted. You asked who we would sign, if we had the choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar