Who will be our next head coach??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Sep 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Would you rather:

-Win 4 more games at most and keep Murlarkey

-Lose all remaining games but Murlarkey is guaranteed to be fired and we do a legit coaching search.

2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Depends on how competitive we are and how much improvement we see. LeBeau is doing a lot with smoke and mirrors (and some luck thrown in), but the offense takes time to develop. We aren't exactly loaded with talented playmakers, except at running back and a TE. Let's see what develops.

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I agree with all that....mostly...sharpe is having rookie problems adjusting...I hope he does soon....KW has been...well GONE....we need an obvious upgrade at wr spots....truthfully a real deep threat to loosen up the d so they underneath stuff isn't covered...that would change everything.

4. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Id rather win, always.

5. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

It's only week 4 of the NFL season. We have a long way to go before people start jumping off the cliffs. Mariota has 3 completely new receivers and two new running backs to adjust to. Mariota doesn't even have a full year of starting experience yet.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

les miles is a perennial underachiever. and that was while he was able to stack his teams with recruiting

7. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

We agree...just don't like mulsucky...never a winner....

8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

You guys want Josh McDaniels, the guy who drafted Tebow in the 1st round? No thanks.

If the situation does present itself and we are in the market for a new coach, I’d like to go after a proven college coach who has run a pro style system and had success. I’d love to take a look at Mark Dantonio.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The D's shorten the field because we can't get separation down the field or Mariota can't hit the receiver. Mularkey says he calls for six deep passes a game (which I doubt).

The Titans like using a second TE and/or FB and the Titans will see eight in-the-box all season when they put that formation on the field.

You are right. There is no deep threat. That's not on scheme. Maybe keeping DGB helps but Hunter proved he wasn't that guy. DGB dropped a perfect pass from Wentz on Sunday. Clearly, Trader Jon didn't trust him or think he had potential.

I don't think the spread no-huddle, up-tempo offense is something you can base your entire offense on. Teams adjust. They would blitz Mariota and I don't have the faith in Lewan and a rookie to handle it. I also think Mariota doesn't have the experience yet to deal with the pressure.

I want to see this offense with Wright and Walker on the field. These are your two most important targets for any kind of passing game. If the offense still sputters with them in, then it's time for change.

10. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

LOL @ people still hung up on Mcdaniels at Denver.

Do you SEE what he's doing as OC of pats? Doesn't matter who is there they come out and DOMINATE. If he can get wins out of a third round rookie, he can get wins out of Marcus. The difference between the pats and us is they come out with fresh plans every week based on opponent not retread schemes. There's a reason why it's a passing league and not exotic 3 wins and cya.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar