Who should we take?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 24, Oct 24, 2009.

?
  1. Jimmy Clausen

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. Jake Locker

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. Sam Bradford

7 vote(s)
    6.6%
  4. Ndamukong Suh

26 vote(s)
    24.5%
  5. Gerald McCoy

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. Eric Berry

30 vote(s)
    28.3%
  7. Taylor Mays

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  8. Carlos Dunlap

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  9. Joe Haden

6 vote(s)
    5.7%
  10. Trade Down/Someone Else

17 vote(s)
    16.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm realllly liking Perrish Cox in the 3rd round. Good CB/Returner.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I'm thinking we need a starting CB that's BETTER than Cox. I saw him get toasted too much this season....which is why I think he will be a 3rd or later pick but we need a CB in rnd 1 or 2 (even though we don't currently have a 2nd rndr).

Gut

3. 24

24 Starter

We need someone on our DL that has to be double teamed every play, whether it's DE or DT. Look at the Colts, they get consistent pressure with small DT, because they have really good ends. We're so used to having someone like Haynesworth taking up double teams, that we forget that a premier pass rusher on both ends can free up the DT. The one problem I saw this year was allowing the QB too much time because we allowed him to step up in the pocket. We can fix that by giving our DT single blockers.

4. sCarecrow

sCarecrow Guest

We wont have a chance at McCoy, either.
    He is a Top5-Prospect...

5. Loqitar10

Loqitar10 Camp Fodder

We won't have a top pick so I'm going with Gerald McCoy - beast of a D-lineman. Not as good as Suh, but not that far below and much more likely to be available in the 15-25 range we're likely to draft in.

6. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Since we don't have a top pick I may have to say Rico McCoy lb

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Bad news...

Jake Locker's staying at Washington so we lose a QB who could bump better players down.

The Rams and Washington may BOTH take QB's (Bradford and Clausen) with 2 more QB's likely to go in rnd 1 (Pike and McCoy). This will mean more of the position players we want will be more available and also could allow us to move backwards for picks if we want to.

Now hope a lot of the Juniors come out this year - especially at DL and CB!!!

Gut

8. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Jason Pierre-Paul.

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

If we can get Sam Bradford, why not sit him on the bench for a few years?

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Our draft picks are assets. A first rnd pick is a very valueable asset. You want to invest our first rnd pick on a QB and then sit him on the bench for a few years where his value (a 1st rnd pick) and cap # don't help us at all for a few years? Best of all, 1st rnd qb's are 50/50 prospects.

If you don't want to win a SB...that'd be a good start.

VY appears to be ready to take over (not that he still won't have some growing pains next year) so why waste the pick, money and risk? If Bradford panned out, what would you do to benefit us...cut VY (another asset) and give Bradford a shot not knowing whether he was ready and then going through MORE growing pains with him?

If you want to jump right back into Super Bowl contention, we need to do 3 things. First, upgrade our weaknesses (pass rush, CB, bpa) not rebuild parts (let KB walk and then draft a LB to replace him). Second, get difference makers and maximize our assets...don't draft a guy in rnd 2 or 3 to be a 3rd string anything. Guys drafted in rnd 2 should be contributors in yr 1 and at least starters in yr 2. And TRADE assets we don't need that we can get value for and parlay that into assets we DO need. We should have traded Lendale White, Bo Scaife, KVB, ect. Hopefully these guys are tendered a little higher than there value and then a team that wants them can work out a trade. Third, we need to get players that matchup well versus the teams we need to knock off...that means the Colts (and to a lesser extent the Steelers, the Pats, Chargers). Again, that means upgrading the D - especially with CB talent and pass rush.

If the Titans can sign a couple of difference makers on D and upgrade the OL, we'll be in great shape for the draft...again loading up on D but could also take a difference maker on O and get a special return man. And get a new Special Teams coach while we're at it.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar