Who says you can't find work in a weakened economy?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Maximum unemployment for TN is 275 with taxes taken out as well.

Sometimes, it is not worth it unless you are just up against a wall.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I literally can't remember the last time I saw someone at a grocery store where I live with tons of groceries that paid cash for their groceries. They always pull of their EBT card. Actually kinda sad to be honest. I just really hope they are at least trying, which by the look of some of them, I highly doubt they are.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Single males need too be willing too move too the work. If you are limited by geography, mortgage or unnatural attraction too mommies basement, then its harder too land a good job.

#45 everytime I have been faced with those types of situations it has always worked out for the better. But it is hard too see that while you are living thru it.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

At least David Givens never has to work ever again :)

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I dont know he was denied his Tennessee unemployment checks. He might be seasonally stacking boxes for Brown

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Best thing about the situation is I am not all that upset.

I HATED the job, like totally dreaded getting up and the whole 9 yards. When they told me I was let go it did not bother me too much. Worst part is I just lost my "foot in the door" which, I admit, was very painful too lose.

I know what it is like to be tight for cash. I went through this situation after I got out, through no real fault of my own. So even with knowing how tough this could get, I am still thankful I do not have to put up with that job anymore. I think I will still say that even if it gets as bad as it was for me last year.

7. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Jay-
    I'm very happy for you my friend. Good things happen to good people. Sometimes it just takes a while, unfortunately.

I'm fortunate that I have not had to face that....to some extent. My company is an independent rep firm for multiple companies. We were going for the "Jerry Maguire" philosophy of less companies and more attention. The two main companies we do loved it for the most part. Until one hired a "consultant" who told them to get rid of the rep firms and hire 3 inside guys to cover the ENTIRE country.
    They called almost one year ago to the day (4-5 days before Christmas) to say we were great, they loved us, our numbers were up for the year, and it was not about performance....just a change in the business model......but we don't need you anymore.....Merry Christmas.
    Sadly, there is some gratification in knowing and seeing them somewhat implode.....although they bs and say everything is great.....but obvious to everyone in the industry that it is not. However, didn't change the fact that 30+ percent of my income dissapeared basically overnight. Being independent, you are contracted, so I pay all of my own expenses and I travel all over the southeastern u.s.
    I guess the money they saved not paying my partner and I pays for more fuel for their private plane. :)
    Add a divorce and a daughter starting college.......quite the year.

Sorry.....I started "venting" there.

I guess my point is that it is tough for a lot of people in different ways.
    Nothing seems to be the same for most out there, unless you are an NFL, NBA, or MLB athlete. Lol!

To my friends here that are looking for work, doing something that is not "in your field" for less money, having struggles in general......hang in there. You have friends and family that have faith in you......and you are not alone.
    Like I said.....it's not the same as it may have been in the past for most these days.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Congrats Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar