Who is our best weapon on offense?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Scarecrow, Oct 21, 2013.

?
  1. Chris Johnson

17.2%
  2. Jake Locker

45.3%
  3. Kendall Wright

34.4%
  4. Nate Washington

3.1%
  5. Other, please state

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

There are plenty of teams whose best weapons aren't their QB:

AP over Freeman/Ponder
    Doug Martin/Vincent Jackson over Glennon/Freeman(when he played for Bucs)
    Josh Gordon/Jordan Cameron over Weeden
    Jamaal Charles over Alex Smith
    MJD/Blackmon/Shorts over Gabbert/Henne
    Foster/Johnson over Schuab/Scrubby Texans' QB
    Fitzgerald over Palmer

Just off the top of my head, there are probably more. The point is being the QB doesn't necessarily make you the team's best offensive weapon.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I wouldn't even consider Locker a "weapon".

He's a game manager at best. So... without other guys around him making plays- nothing happens.

See: Sunday's game.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

OMG

everyone stop getting hung up on this 'weapon' ****. Is it *really* that confusing?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

ok... nor playmaker, nor anything similar.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Was it really that confusing? Best 'weapon'/ player on offense?

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I can't believe I'm gonna be this guy, but it's still CJ. I really like what I've seen from Locker (other than that one awful throw to Nate that was picked), and I hope he can continue this.

However, CJ proved to me that he's still got it when he took that short pass all the way for a TD. He may have "lost a step," but it's not as devastating as many have said. Get him space and he's still deadly. The OL has really let me down this year. I had high hopes. But Schwenke is clearly a million times better than Turner and he helped the run game. Can't wait to see what our run game actually looks like when we aren't busy getting blown out.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Man, I really don't think the OL is playing that bad. Look at CJ in his 2k year, and look at him any year after that. You want to know what made him deadly? His change of direction and acceleration coming out of cuts. It never had anything to do with his straight line speed. He just isn't making people miss anymore. The guy looked like Barry Sanders and now he looks like a fat Reggie Bush. That 66 yard pass was still sloppy as hell. Not only do I think he will not crack 1,000 yards this year, but he is going to be practically worthless next year. I have never seen an 'elite' running back drop off so fast in my life.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Hey, I was the one who said to trade him after the 2009 season for LeSean McCoy and a draft pick. They would've done it at the time. Anyone would've traded for him except the Vikings. His trade value was at its highest point, and I said he was the type of RB that would lose a step after his third year and be useless after that. I didn't want us to pay him. I also said we should try to trade him to the Raiders because we all know Al Davis probably would've given us all their draft picks for him.

Not sure if I was right or not though. But I can say it would be nice to have Shady instead.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

People said that first screen/dump off he took to the house against the Chiefs looked sloppy too, then he did it again this past week. Maybe other runningbacks should run a lot more sloppily since it clearly works...

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Its just insane looking at how much slower he has gotten in and out of his cuts. I'm sorry but straight line speed for a running back isn't that important, and its showing.

I never would have thought that he would have dropped off this far. If you look at McCoy, he hasn't had that sort of drop off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar