Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Who is better? Young, Leinart, or Cutler

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Spinnaker, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,485
    If Reese has Cutler the #1 QB and worthy of the third pick, it isn't a reach for him. However, on the TitanJeff Big Board, Cutler is a reach at #3.
  1. Jwill1919 Coach

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $2,320
    who gave TJ a shot of honey today?
  2. Spinnaker Guest

I've seen several mock drafts, and I have'nt seen one with us taking Cutler, Most of the time it was Young, and then sometimes it's Leinart, but I never saw Cutler he dropped all the way to 10th on a couple.
  3. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,938
    you ask, and you shall receive...

http://www.nflreport.com/mock1.htm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/03/14/mock.draft3.part1/index.html
  4. Spinnaker Guest

cool, I never thought of looking in SI...
    Also, thats the first with NO trading with the Jets too........
  5. Brian Big Fan

Moolah:
    $0
    Both of those Mocks were done before the Saints signed Brees and the Jets traded for Ramsey. It's unlikely either will take a QB.
  6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Verner
    Moolah:
    $327
    Ramsey? What has he ever done besides get hit 50 bazillion times in Steve Spurrier's ill-fated fun and gun... I don't think you can count the Jets all the way out on draftng a qb... who knows? I obviously don't.
  7. Riverman Dread the red

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,494
    I've been thinking about this question alot. We're going for a franchise QB. IMO, the only one of the three who has franchise POTENTIAL is Young. Cutler hasn't proven he can win (big), and Leinart has won in a rock solid system.

Vince has proven his entire college career that he is a playmaker- a hallmark characteristic of a NFL franchise player. I don't believe he is as smart as Cutler or Leinart, but his play-making is instinctive. I think he can tighten up his passing with some coaching.

In sum, I think that Young would be able to guide the Titans to more wins than Cutler or Young, regardless of what defenses were thrown at him.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,485
    The three will be tied together forever like Elway, Marino, Eason and Kelly were from '83.
  8. Soxcat Starter

Britt
    Moolah:
    $2,294
    Young will drop in the draft out of the top 5 and the only question now is will Cutler go before Leinart. I posted this in another spot as well.
    As

http://www.gbnreport.com/scoutsnotebook.htm

I really think teams are downgrading Young, right fully so, because he will not be ready as quick as the other two and because he has the most question marks. He is a boom or bust guy more than Leinart or Cutler.
    Teams are seeing more of Bret Farve in Cutler and like the fact he has more mobility and a better arm than Leinart.

As far as downgrading Cutler because he hasn't won big scouts can see beyond the fact Cutler played on a bad team. Going into this year Cutler was a 2nd rounder, low 1st pick but he proved this year he can take his team from behind in the final minutes of a game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.