Who have you settled on?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Favorites at 10:

1. Floyd
    2. Mingo
    3. Star
    4. Rhodes

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Why do you like Floyd? He seems like the MOST over-rated in the entire top 10. Also, I think Rhodes at #10 is too high.

At #10, I'm most comfortable with (in order):

1. Warmack
    2. Mingo
    3. Milliner
    4. Star

I'll be super bummed if we wind up with Floyd. I see little to NO upside with him, he is over-rated and we don't need another run-stopper. (We need a pass rusher.)

3. The Playmaker

Floyd is the best pass rushing DT in the draft, very disruptive and very fast for his position. He's compared to a Geno Atkins so he's not an overrated run stopper. He actually needs to improve a bit in that category. He would be the kind of DT we're missing, someone that can actually get to the QB while not killing us in other fields of his game.

I don't want to go OG, we can get a starter in the 2nd or 3rd and it's not like we need the top guy anyway with our OL. Rhodes can go in the top 15, so 10 is not too high for possibly the best CB in this class in a few years. Milliner is a bigger risk imo.

4. Titanon

Titanon Camp Fodder

Unless one of the big three OT's fall, it'll be a CB or DJ Fluker (book it). Only other possible exception is if Shariff is there.

Fluker will likely be the pick.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737102/sharrif-floyd

"Has great initial quickness but does not appear to have the sustained quickness to translate into a consistent interior pass rush threat -- at least not against today's increasingly mobile dual-threat passers."

I just don't like what I've seen in Floyd and I don't like what I'm reading.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

1. Star
    2. Floyd
    3./4. Rhodes/Milliner

Ansah would be #2 on my board but I excluded him because I think there's only about a 3% chance he actually makes it to 10. Star is hands down the guy I want. But I'd be more than happy with Floyd. And I think one of them will be there when we pick.

I keep going back and forth on Rhodes and Milliner. I'll just trust the FO's judgment if they choose one over the other. Milliner's injuries are concerning. But I doubt we'd draft him if the FO thinks it's anything worth worrying about.

7. The Playmaker

hmm that's the only scouting report where I've seen something that negative when talking about his pass rush abilities, most just cite his technique. Oh well, from the UF games I saw last year I still think he's going to be a very disruptive pass rusher and can be a very good pass rusher.

8. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I famously predicted we would take Locker at 8 a few years ago.
    We dont really need a DT in the first and the CB class is very even.I dont see a big difference between the top 10 or so guys.

This time I'm moving all in on................................Mingo

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Mingo is this year's Melvin Ingram... and I said Ingram would be a bust. I'll say the same for Mingo.

Still too early to label Ingram a bust, but I heard nothing about him all year.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Great comparison. Mad I didn't think of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar