Who do you not want to see?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titanup1982, Mar 9, 2011.

?
  1. Blaine Gabbert

10 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. Cam Newton

23 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Marcel Dareus

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. Jake Locker

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. Prince Amukamara

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  6. Nick Fairley

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. Robert Quinn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What are those similarities? Is this the Vince Young that has the best winning percentage of any QB in franchise history? The same Vince Young that had a passing rating over 90 this year?

I think Newton is a harder worker than Vince. He is proving that already by hiring coaches and trying to get better. He is done with the combine and the practice at trying to get a better time or a better vertical so now he can work on nothing but his footwork and throws.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Gimmick offense that deals exclusively with the shotgun. Awful Mechanics. Don't know how to read a defense. One read and run, because they were the most gifted athletes on the field in college which will not be the case in the NFL. They both love pandering to the crowd when things go well. Both come off incredibly arrogant.

Neither of their games translate to the NFL. You're taking a guy in the top ten who you will have to start from the foundation and build from there. Way too risky for me, especially when we took that risk five years ago with no return.

I'm not super crazy about any of the top five QBs this year, with Mallett maybe being the exception. I think he has the best tools to be successful in the NFL, depending on his off the field habits(I still wouldn't take him at 8 even if those check out).

3. Fry

I remember VY taking a bunch of the Titan receivers to Texas after his rookie year. Looking like you're doing work and actually doing it are two different things. Maybe Newton is just gearing up for a big pay day?

I don't think that's the case, but you like playing devil's advocate, so why can't I? :stirpot:

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So what is it aout Cam Newton that suggests he will disappear one night and have the police looking for him and his family fearing for his life?

What is it about Cam Newton that suggests he will refuse to come back into a game because he got booed?

What is it about Cam Newton that suggest he will be throwing gear into the stands and telling Munch to go screw himself.

What is it about Cam Newton that suggests his attitude will be such a problem the team would be willing to release him outright?

I would hardly call VY's situation typical.

Is it that you think Cam is genetic predisposed to act that way?

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So you are a communist then? I thought all players wanted to get drafted as high as possible for the money but only Cam's motivations are somehow sinister.

10 years from now after he has made 4-5 pro bowls you can scream about how he is only a good player for the money!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Fry

Did I ever say ANY of those things? You love putting words in peoples' mouths.

I can see where me saying he's arrogant means he's going to have the cops looking for his body in a ditch.
    :sarcasm:

7. Fry

Did you just not read my last line in that post, or did you ignore it all together. I said I didn't think that was the case. It's certainly a possibility. People know the only reason Albert Haynesworth worked hard was for the pay day, why couldn't that be the case with Newton?

You're dense.

8. 24

24 Starter

Have people forgotten that Newton committed a felony? Let's just sweep that under the rug, right? Character is how you act when nobody's looking. Well, nobody was looking then, everybody's looking now. What else do you expect?

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Newton also had multiple instances of cheating on tests at Florida. I've heard some analysts say that NFL coaches will be more concerned with that than with the laptop issue, because it suggests that Newton doesn't like to hit the books and is always looking for the easy way out.

But of course the Vince Young comparisons are totally baseless! :suspect:

10. 24

24 Starter

I know some people don't like it, and it's not an accurate indicator of football intelligence. But, Rich Eisen is reporting that Gabbert scored a 42 on his Wonderlic. At the very least, we know he's somewhat intelligent. Plus, I'd rather have my QB score a 42 than a 6.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar