Who are the Titans building blocks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SanDiegoTitan, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I thought it was obvious

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Tyron Smith made the probowl with 7 sacks and 4 holding penalties this year.....Taylor Lewan has given up 5 sacks with 4 holding penalties and 4 hands to the face penalties(none since week 4).

I don't see all the hate for Lewan......imagine how horrible our OL would be if we were still trotting out journeymen

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Michael Griffin.

The final pillar of excellence from the Jeff fisher era and one hell of an example for our young guys!

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If you go back and watch Lewan he plays solid football for 65 snaps a game and then gets absolutely whipped twice. He hasn't been as terrible as people make him out to be. He hasn't been great, but he's been serviceable.

I'm a lot more worried about LG, C, and RT than I am Lewan. Warmack sucks, but I just don't see him getting replaced with the absolute ****e on both sides of him.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Lewan is a second year player at the second most valuable position in the NFL and the best OLinemen on the team and you guys are giving up on him. I don't understand the hate.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. The Hammer

It's too bad pass protection is only half the equation :)

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. The Hammer

This is a fair statement. Brad Hopkins was horrible his first two years after being a high first round pick.

8. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Thanks for the info. Its good perspective. Maybe the reason I think he's been disappointing this year is because his talk doesn't match his play.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

It's funny to see how quickly the pendulum has swung in four months. In August people were saying Lewan was going to the Pro Bowl this year. In December everyone wants to spend the #1 pick on a LT and move Lewan to RT.

10. The Hammer

Big mistake. Lewan is not physical enough to be an RT. To my above point, pass protection is only part of being an offensive lineman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar