Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Whitney Mercilus

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2004, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Titans2004 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,645
    I agree with this. I think we feel good about our starting DEs in Wimbley and Morgan.

We certainly need a center of the future and need another starting DT to pair with Casey on first down.

and I think that the value and need will match pretty well at both C and DT.

If you haven't seen the video of Jerry Gray talking about Wimbley it is a good watch. The link to it on TitansOnline is on the front page of Gotitans.com
    2 people high five this.
  2. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,595
    And not to be off topic or redirect this thread, I could see us boosting our WR corps if one of the high end wrs slip.
  3. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,176
    I'd only take Mercilus at #20 if there are no better options there. I'd rather take Jenkins, Kirkpatrick, Perry, Poe, Konz or Floyd than Mercilus. I've not been impressed by him at all. IF he were to fall to the 2nd then I'd take a shot on him but he won't and we won't.
  4. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,948
    Yea there's zero chance of him still being around at 52.
  5. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,155
    Don't base opinions off of the combine and not game film.

He played in the C-USA, which isn't a super small division by anymean... I mean CJ2K came from the C-USA.

Yes, I was disappointed with Vinny in the combine, but film doesnt lie.

Vinny Still put up a 1.58 10yard split, 35 vert, and 28 BP... which isn't terrible by any means. He also ran a 4.69 at his Pro-Day, which is vastly improvved from his 4.98 combine 40.
  6. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,155
    There's my source.
    1 people high five this.
  7. Titans2004 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,645
    I put much more stock in game film than I do the underwear olympics. But it raises a red flag when their is a big discrepency between the 2. I'm glad he performed better at his pro-day.
  8. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,603
    I'm with you on the 1 trick pony thing, however that's not what Mercilus can/will be.

I drilled Robert Quinn last year for being a 1 trick pony. Mercilus isn't that guy. Even if he is at the moment... he'll blossom in the NFL.
  9. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,603
    And guys, please stop with the Nick Perry stuff...

He wont be there anyway.