Which would make you feel worse?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Morpheus E, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

No, that's not why you get neg rep. Plenty of people on this board have defended Vince Young. You lose credibility when you tell people that their negative opinions of Vince Young override their feelings for the team. Also, you seem unable to accept the fact that someone can want/hope for Vince Young to do well, but not expect that to happen.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GoTitans3801

Also, you can say that you don't attack people, but your arguments are effectively broad attacks. You may not call people out personally, but you've implied that most people who don't like Vince Young think so for racial reasons, which is a pretty offensive accusation. You've also implied in this thread that posters here are shallow enough that they would rather see Vince fail and the team lose than see Vince succeed and the team win. That's a remarkably inflammatory argument.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

no offense, but you're the kind of talker that makes freedom of speech a bad thing.

4. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

I want my 30 seconds back.

5. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

I didn't tell anyone there negative feelings for Young override their feelings for the team. I suspect it of certain posters given their posts and I made this thread because I knew some of the more obvious ones would be upset about it.

Also, you can doubt whether someone can succeed without striking them down at every opportunity as well. And for someone to hope for someone's success while trying to convince everyone to dislike that person doesn't make any sense.

Also, I don't really lose any credibility because the actions of many of the posters on this board serve to substantiate my opinions.

6. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

Really?

What was wrong with what you quoted?

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I can make it a stretch and say I at least see where you are coming from. There are a lot of Vince Young is a retard, Vince Young has always sucked, negative posts that seem to be regarded as the norm or ok. It annoyed me at first, now I just ignore it, cause I realize it is just people that are doubtful of his abilities and having a fun time with it.

But you were off basis in making this thread, and off basis in making racial accusations.

I mean, I'm a big Vince Young fan, but there are plenty of legit reasons to question his ability. And to another degree his mental state for what happened int he beginning of this season.

I thought your first posts were pretty good Morpheus, so I hope you can look at others posts more objectively, and contribute in a more beneficial way to the forum.

Slightly off-topic... only in the most RARE of circumstances would I put a player above the team I root for.

When the Bears played the Colts in the Superbowl, it was tough for me. The Bears were my team before the Titans, I was pulling for them, but I wasn't upset at all and was happy for Peyton that he finally got a championship. After all, I'm a vols fan and I appreciate what he did at UT as well as what he's done for UT since his pro career began. (of course the Titans are my first love now, so that prolly has something to do with not being upset with the Bears losing)

BUT, I've said this already... if we sign Ray Lewis I'll be selling all my tickets on an individual game basis. It would be hard for me to support the Titans if he were a member, I may just not watch the NFL for a year or however many if that were to happen. I can't say there is another player in the league that would make me feel this way about the Titans. I don't like him, never have, and can't let go of him taking the 2000 divisional game from us.

THANK GOD I don't think there is any realism that we would sign him.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I disagree. Good players are good players, the reason we don't like them is because their abilities have beat us in the past. I hate Ray Lewis and Peyton Manning, but if either of them were to become a Titan my opinion would change immediately. I hate them because I hate playing against them, plain and simple

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm sure 99% of people agree with you...

I'm just the 1% that doesn't when it comes to ray.

10. GoTitans3801

That first paragraph is a pretty good illustration of your inflammatory statements. "the more obvious ones would be upset about it." I resent the implication in that statement. Of course some people are going to take potshots at young, this is a message board. People make statements as jokes that aren't correctly perceived, or are just bad jokes, or they make exagerrated statements to try and get their point accross, or they use the forum as a vent for their frustrations and go too far. That stuff happens, though I'm sure most of us don't really like it. I don't think that many (or possibly any) people on this board are trying to "convince everyone to dislike" Vince Young. I think a lot of people have tried to convince you that it's possible to want something, but feel that it's unlikely, or to just have strong reasons that you believe it won't happen. Do you really think that people can't have any good reasons for not thinking that Vince Young will be our QB of the future? They just have to be haters, or racially biased, or care more about complaining about Vince Young than they do about the team? You can't really think that, can you?

Also, I don't think that you can comment on your own credibility. You may firmly believe in yourself, but given the communal reaction to the majority of your posts, you should realize that your credibility with most around here is shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar