Which came first?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tungtide, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

When will people just be happy? We are 5-2. We lost to the SuperBowl champs by 2 points that would have been a win had B Jones caught a "well placed" ball in his chest. The other loss was a field goal with no time on the clock in a game we lost our starting QB.

Be happy we aren't 2-5 right now. No matter what they do you guys are always whining. No one thought we would be winning with the 4th hardest schedule and all the losses in the offseason.
    WE ARE WINNING AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We havent beaten a good team yet though. That worries most of us I think. And VY's penalty hurt just as much as Jones' dropped pass. Pack some salt in that wound! lol

3. Sledge

Sledge Guest

It's a combination of both, really. When Vince is on target, WRs seem surprised... But he's like Kordell Stewart in his first years at QB, a lot of errant throws, mostly overthrown, mixed in with a bit of Jeff George (throwing to the ground)...

4. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Actually VY's penalty did nothing. He was sacked for -9 yards due to blown assignment effectively putting them out of field goal range. Maybe helped the punt team.

Tennessee Titans at 10:27 OAK TEN
    1st and 10 at TEN 7 (10:27) L.White right guard to TEN 15 for 8 yards (S.Schweigert, K.Morrison).
    2nd and 2 at TEN 15 (9:55) L.White left tackle to TEN 21 for 6 yards (T.Sands).
    1st and 10 at TEN 21 (9:26) (Shotgun) V.Young pass short left to J.Gage to TEN 33 for 12 yards (R.Thomas).
    1st and 10 at TEN 33 (9:03) (No Huddle, Shotgun) L.White left tackle to OAK 46 for 21 yards (S.Schweigert).
    1st and 10 at OAK 46 (8:37) (No Huddle, Shotgun) V.Young pass short right to J.Gage pushed ob at OAK 39 for 7 yards (M.Huff).
    2nd and 3 at OAK 39 (8:17) (Shotgun) L.White up the middle to OAK 38 for 1 yard (R.Thomas, D.Burgess).
    3rd and 2 at OAK 38 (7:39) V.Young sacked at OAK 47 for -9 yards (D.Burgess).
    PENALTY on TEN-V.Young, Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced between downs.
    4th and 16 at TEN 48 (7:13) C.Hentrich punts 36 yards to OAK 16, Center-K.Amato, fair catch by C.Carr

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm talking about his personal foul that took us out of FG range.

6. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

Are u saying Jeff Fisher is an idiot for starting the wrong QB? Cause thats what i here...

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

8. Rebel Titan

Thank you Carpy. VY should not have thrown the ball down. But it was only a 5 yard delay of game. Did'nt really affect the game. Was just frustration. Should he have done it? Not really.

9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Oakland have like the 8th ranked pass defense in the league? That immediately nullifies Gloat's argument.

Collins did pass for 280 yards with our receivers....against the Texans. Not exactly the most stellar of defenses.

We are 5-2. We beat the Jags. We only lost by a grand total of 5 points to the Colts and Bucs. We need to correct the red zone offense. But we are winning! How about LenDale White? Do I see a little "George" in him?

10. Rebel Titan

Maybe a little George, a little hambuger and some fries. :ha:

I really like what I have seen of Lendale these last few weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar