Where was this a few years ago

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rodgev, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Stacy is better than people want to admit. He's not a burner but he's very solid and has some of the best vision I've ever seen from a back.

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

No BS Fisher was definitely the problem around here. Nick Harper? Chris Henry? The way he managed VY? Granted, VY didn't help a damn thing with his antics, but I think he could have been much more successful under another coach. Plus the whole McNair situation. Never listing Britt as #1 on the depth chart. Having Randy Moss and Kenny Britt on the same roster and only using them simultaneously on 8 plays over the course of 8 games. He got stupid and stubborn in his later years. He may go on to be successful somewhere else, and he certainly does "know his stuff" as you put it, but he was most definitely the problem, not the scapegoat.

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Sometimes good coaches get stake in a place and need to move on. That's what happened here. He's a good coach. No bitterness here.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Yep. An owner must understand that Fisher is a complete control freak. if you're willing to let him handle everything and never overrule him on anything, he'll do a good job for you. If you decide to draft a QB that he doesn't want with the 3rd overall pick, you can expect him to be bitter and childish about it. Jeff Fisher let being right about VY become far too important to him during his last years in Tennessee imo.

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I guess I can agree with some of what you guys are saying. Perhaps he did get a bit stale and stubborn in his last days here. It just bugs me how much Fisher blaming/bashing goes on here. He was a good coach things just didn't workout for various reasons. He's like a less successful Andy Reid to me. I'll always love Fisher but I hope we whoop his ass this season. I wanna see baby Pollard or Pollard himself knock the snot out Jared "I should be paid like a wide receiver" Cook.

6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

To me it was very similar to the Fulmer situation at UT. The message got stale, discipline got lax, the images took over the asylum, not enough player leadership.

Some of that's on fish, some isn't. Sometimes, you just gotta move on, even if the guy is a good coach. I respect fish, and have no hate at all. Good coach, good man. It had just run its course here is all.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Nick Harper came here as a FA.

VY wast on Fisher.

Neither was the Mac situation.

8. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I agree with you on a lot of what you said in your post except this because obviously VY had two more shots after he left up and was LESS successful not more. One of those coaches, Andy Reid, should have been a perfect fit for him and he still failed miserably. I'd say Fisher got more out VY than just about any other coach could have. You can't turn chicken sh/t in to chicken salad no matter what you do...lol!,

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Fisher sucks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Without Ogletree and Jones, I would consider their draft a failure.

They're lucky no one took Ogletree before #30.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar