Where is this 'Rush 4' scheme coming from and will it end?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tuk88, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuk88

Tuk88 Camp Fodder

I haven't watched a game where the announcers don't make a comment about the Titans' predictable 'Rush 4' scheme. It completely relies on top talent to work, and is rarely effective against the better teams who have the talent to render it ineffective. Thus, I see no hope for much playoff success, and history shows it.

Is this all Fisher's design? Is the fact that he admitted we have the same scheme from last year because he's the true architect of this defense?

I'm all for Fisher seeing the exit because I think the game has passed him by, but if in all likelihood he's still here next year, how much longer do we have to put up with this, if you agree we're not going to consistently beat any good teams with this scheme.

I'm not talking about moving to a 3-4, but at least disguise which plays you're rushing four or five by putting at least five on the line of scrimmage. It'd at least be a weak homage to the 46 defense where the opposing team didn't know what was going to happen, never was able to get into a rhythm like the opposing QBs do against us.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It will stay until Fisher is gone. It hasn't changed much from Schwartz to Cecil.

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

the funny thing is we drop 7 back and we still get lit up. You'd think they'd realize by now it ain't working anymore, but nah. We might as well not even line up on defense if we can't rush the QB and can't defend the pass, sooner or later teams will quit running it, as if they haven't already started running less and less against us though.

Why care anymore, nothing's going to change about our team until Fish is gone. We will be average at best, winning by more luck than skill. We rely on other teams to mess up, instead of taking it to them we sit back and wait. Could go on and on..

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You don't win by luck for 15 years.

5. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

what has fisher won?

6. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

his career record is 135-110 btw

7. They fake the blitz a lot...

8. And that includes 3 years of homelessness plus a few more in cap hell.

9. Tuk88

Tuk88 Camp Fodder

A winning record doesn't mean much if you can't get past the first round, or require a miracle to get past it.

Our scheme to me, is good enough to beat average to below average teams consistently, and that's about it. It's enough to muster up a winning career record though.

10. Tuk88

Tuk88 Camp Fodder

I watch for this on every defensive play. I just don't see it, other than Bulluck coming onto the line of scrimmage every five plays or so. The good teams do this on every single defensive play, in terms of the other team not knowing whether a blitz is coming or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar