Where does Fisher end up?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

yes. they made attempts both at hiring Fisher and Jack Del Rio after Carrol left for the Seahawks

2. Illegal Hit

Illegal Hit Starter

Fisher Takes this season coming up off

Next season he takes the Houston Texans to the Fisher greatness

8-8

3. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

I say he does TV for a year and then lands as a DC or college HC - I seriously doubt he will be an NFL HC again any time soon

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Wow. Why do you think this?

Do you think the leak of "Fisher extended his assistant coaches another year" will rub owners the wrong way? And/or people look at this body of work more realistically and quit considering him amongst the best 5 coaches in the NFL?

I think he's a NFL head coach again in 2012.

5. emong

emong Rookie

Anywhere but the AFC South please. Same goes for VY. I'd hate to re-live this drama twice a year!

6. KyTitan

KyTitan Rookie

I say Cincinnati NEXT year, after Marvin gets run.

7. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

For one, he is going to be expensive and he is not a Cowher, Gruden, even Billick who has won the big one. Secondly, he's a career .500 coach who seems to have let the NFL pass him by in terms of adapting. Now don't get me wrong, there could be an owner out there who loves him for whatever reason and wants to create some excitement, but if you look at the winning coaches in the league now, a lot of them are up and comers who are on relatively cheap contracts compared to Fish's. That is working for a lot of teams so why go with a retread. Just my $.02

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree with what you are saying, BUT somebody will want him. Seems to me coaching NFL is in Fisher's blood so I could see him take less than what some might think to be a NFL HC with personnel authority.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

10. emong

emong Rookie

Maybe coz Fish outcoached Dungy so Rob could kick that 60 yard FG once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar