Where Do YOU Stand On Fisher and Young?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bababooey, Nov 18, 2010.

?
  1. Pro-Fisher, Anti-Young

9 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Pro-Fisher, Pro-Young

22 vote(s)
    36.7%
  3. Anti-Fisher, Anti-Young

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Anti-Fisher, Pro-Young

17 vote(s)
    28.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

3 days after he boasted how good Stevens was..

2. CricketChapman

CricketChapman Camp Fodder

Currently, the Pro-VY leads Anti-VY 14-7. Anti-Fisher leads Pro-Fisher 11-10.

It seems we are split more on the issue of Fisher than Young.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

4. nickmsmith

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I usually like them both. Fisher is one of five people in the entire league who can really get 53 grown men from different places to come together for a common cause. He's only gotten to one Super Bowl, but in reality he's built three Super Bowl contending teams. Three great teams in 16 years.... That's not as bad as it sounds. The window to win in the NFL is small. It takes Fisher something like 4-5 seasons to field a group we can truly believe in. I think this bunch of players is close, but not there yet. The formula used in 2008 worked amazingly. Great defense, and a two back offense, with a good special teams unit. Him getting away from that has/had me frustrated, but if he wants to open the playbook up similar to how Andy Reid does then great lets win now.

As for Vince. I've seen things that lead me to believe he's got what it takes. Sure he's a year or two from being in my opinion an elite QB, but he's had some tough setbacks. Watching Collins in 2009 was cruel and unusual punishment. That's when I was ready to kill Fisher, but every other season I've enjoyed having a coach I can trust.

We are 5-4 heading into the toughest part of our schedule. Now is the time to break out and show we are a for real team. After the Redskins win, look for the magic of late last year to come back. C.J. is yet to throw a pass, so look for that in 3-4 weeks.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I agree with a lot of what you said but Fisher is too old to be treated with kid gloves. Let's not candy-coat it, a team that gets bounced in the first round of the playoffs simply can't be called a "Super Bowl contending team". They should have been... but they weren't.

7. nickmsmith

Let's be fair here.. It was the second round. We got a bye.:D

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

True :ha:

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm Pro-Titans and both of these guys are Titans. It is that simple to me. Vince is our QB, Fisher is our Coach.

Both do things that make me shake my head and wonder WTF? Fisher has made some rather questionable calls and Vince has made some boneheaded mistakes during their time here.

I'm rooting for both of them but it is becoming more and more clear that VY is not Fisher's guy and they can both be as PC as they need to be in the public forum but I ain't crazy enough to think that everything is all crimson and clover like they're trying to make us believe.

One thing is certain as far as I'm concerned, they both need to step their game up. I like em both but if we roll into the playoffs only to exit early again then they should both be shown the door.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pro-Vince; Neutral on Fisher.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar