When will Chris Johnson find work?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 7, 2014.

?

When will C.J. sign?

Poll closed Sep 7, 2014.
  1. Tomorrow

3.4%
  2. Mid week

28.8%
  3. This weekend

15.3%
  4. Next week

18.6%
  5. After the draft

22.0%
  6. After OTA's

3.4%
  7. Preseason

5.1%
  8. 2014 Regular season

3.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea... Totally disagree that we were physically dominated in any of those games. We held leads late in each game. All four of them.

I will give the Colts credit where credit is due. They're better than us. However, it's really not by a large margin. No one seems to believe that though. And I really don't know why.

We were 12 points away from winning the division last year. Let that sink in and tell me the Colts are THAT much better than us.

I will be extremely disappointed if we don't beat them at least once this season. It's time to go 5-1 or 6-0 in this scrub division.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

No but you do when they get rag dolled in the second half...

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

So, we whooped their asses in the first half..?

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I guess we just saw the game differently. What I saw is that when push came to shove and they needed those conversions they imposed their will on us and got the yardage they needed time and time again. I felt bullied watching them get 3rd down after third down with our defense not being able to do anything about it. Those games were close score wise but the only time in those two meeting I felt we were in control was before the Wiley turnover. It was all downhill from there.

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Yes, we did. Then they whooped us.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Fair enough... ass whooping - ass whooping = standard.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Right... The Wiley turnover was what did us in and is what I would refer to as giving the game away.

Then you have the worst series Loggains has ever called, which is saying something...

1st & 10 - Greene for 5 yards. Good.
    2nd & 5 - Greene for 4 yards. Good.
    3rd & 1 - Empty backfield with Greene spread wide. Gotta be ****ing kidding me.

Game 1: 10-3 halftime lead. Led the entire game until about 2 minutes left when the Colts tied it up. Refs handed them this one by not calling the fumble on Dwayne Allen. Also Hasselbeck missed a wide open Cook in the endzone that would've sealed the game.

Game 2: 20-7 halftime lead. I have a hard time remembering this game aside from Locker's strong 6/6 start and the TD to Cook - we came out passing on every play (which is what I always suggest since defenses aren't ready for that) and looked sharp. We quickly got away from that tempo and Locker threw a couple of picks. CJ was useless as he usually was against the Colts (and most teams for that matter). Can't quite remember how the game ended, but I sure as hell felt we gave it away - I was glad we lost anyways. Season was long over at that point.

Game 3: 17-6 halftime lead. CJ was on fire in the first half, sucked butthole in the 2nd (and we didn't do as good of a job at getting him the ball), Wiley fumbled, and Ayers was called for a BS roughing the passer. Definitely gave that game away.

Game 4: Trailed 12-7 at the half, but I know we led in the 3rd. Fitz turned it over four times and Wilson dropped an easy pick that may have gone for 6. That's about all that needs to be said. That's definitely giving the game away.

We've lost each game by one score. And each game I felt like we gave away... We beat ourselves a lot, and it sure felt that way each time against Luck.

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I definitely agree with you on most of this. It's possible I may be overstating a bit but I really did come away feeling like we got beat up during those games, particularly the second one. There were many close games we played where I thought we held our own physically but it bothered me how we seemed mentally and physically broken against the Colts. Those were games we absolutely had to have and as a team we choked and got punished for it. 2014 will be a new year and I see no reason we can't beat them but I won't be taking them lightly.

9. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

The colts are tough, that's for sure. and we've just been getting pushed around by them since before munchak became the head coach. (although it just got worse from there... we even lost to them when they tanked their season for Luck.... ugh!)

I'm ready to see our team dominate this shiddy division, damn it!

10. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Franky, if we had a coach would could make adjustments at half time, we win at least one against the clots this past year. I'd expect to split with them next year, finally sweep the jags and maybe the cows; depends how they draft and come back next year.

Going on record and saying the cows could have a come back year, their d is still good and Foster will be healthy (for how long). It'll come down to the draft and who their starting qb is. Either way, I think it's close between the dolts, cows and Titans at the end of the year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar