What would you give the Bronco's for Jay Cutler?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Funny i was just thinking the opposite.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree for a number of reasons. First of all he won't have to. The Titans will continue to have a solid defense and the Titans will still focus on running the ball. The difference is however that Dinger will let Cutler wing the ball around if the defense trys to crowd the LOS to stop the run like we did last year with Collins AND in thsoe situations where we do have to play from behind we at least have the fire power to do so. If we can get one more quality WR to go with Washington, Gage and Hawkins a simple play action pass will have the possibilities of a huge play and if the defense has to respect the deep passes CJ and the TEs have more room to work. It is a win win even if Cutler doesn't put up 4500 yards each year.

3. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

It would be very interesting to see what he could do here with a solid defense,strong running game and arguably one of the top O-lines in the league. IMO i think he could put up very solid numbers in this offense just for the fact that he wouldnt have to rely on his arm so much because of the defense and ground game. Now i'm not saying he could put up Manning like numbers but i think he could definitley be effective throwing the ball

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yes, we can have Cutler throwing costly interceptions at the most inappropriate times. Let's hope Hochulli is there to bail him out.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

If we weren't in the position we were in with Collins and Young, I'd DEFINITELY give up this years number 1 and next years if I could extend Cutlers contract at a reasonable rate. Rookie QB's don't normally come in and have a QB rating in the 80's...which he's had the last 3 years! He's also thrown more TD's than INT's the last two years. He can play and would probably get BETTER on a team like the Titans. Not more passing yards or # of TD's, but his TD/INT ratio would probably get dramatically higher as he wouldn't have to throw the ball 900 times and could better pick and choose when to throw the ball. If you give up two #30 picks, that would be GREAT for a yopung franchise QB who's done extremely well so far.

Given our current situation, I don't think the Titans would attempt this...although I would CERTAINLY explore this if McDaniels could stop it from leaking on his end!

Gut

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Or we could have VY playing QB throwing interceptions at ALL times...
    Surely you don't think Cutler wouldn't be an upgrade to Collins and a superior long range solution compared to just about any QB we could even have a chance at obtaining in the next few years.

Otherwise I guess we can hand the ball to Collins for two years and then pray VY grows up.... Of course if we give the ball to Patrick Ramsey we can always count on getting a real early pick in the draft until we finally find a good QB.

This gets back to why I was on the bandwagon to try and get Cassell. Young quality QBs are rare and far between. If we have a chance to get a quality young QB we should really consider it.

7. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I wouldnt hop on Cassell's wagon untill i see him perform the way he did in NE at KC. As far as i'm concered hes a product of the sytem untill he proves otherwise.

8. Zephyr

Zephyr Sec 139

Anyone on our roster.

While some might not think Cutler is a franchise QB, I do. I also believe he will soon be an elite QB in the NFL. His raw skills are undeniable. When he learns to take the check down (safe) route instead of risking deep-small window passes his INTs shall plummet. The combination of being overly confident and constantly playing catch-up are his biggest obstacles on the path to greatness.

That said, we won't trade for him...but...

In two seasons, Cutler, Collins and VYs contracts expire...Cutler lives in Nashville, so it's not a complete fantasy

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Cassell has proven to be a solid QB when he has GREAT coaching, two of the best WR's in the game, and a great scheme which was altered for him and his skills. He's also playing in a winning organization and has a good D. Since he is unlikely to have that combination anytime soon, it is a reasonable assumption to think he'll diminish as a QB this year. Proof further is that even NE doesn't think that highly of him if they gave him away WITH Vrabel for a 2nd rnd pick. If they thought he was another Cutler, they'd be getting at least a 1 this year and a 2 next! The fact that KC's guy comes from the Pats was enough to get Cassell over there, but the fact that they aren't working out a long term deal til they see how he does with this team means not even their GM is convinced he's a sure thing. He could be, but we need to see a lot more. With Cutler, we've seen PLENTY!

Put another way, how good do you think the Pats would have been if they had Cutler instead of Cassell? Worse, the same or better?

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar