What will Goodell do to Fat Al

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i hope he get suspended for it. harming a person to that level is a very big deal. granted, we all think fat al will just mail it in from now on, he still should pay for what he has done.

i would think the all you can eat buffett would still have been there if he would have drove the speed limit.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

oh, I totally agree.. I don't have any personal acquaintances that have been harmed like that but it upset me to a degree to hear the whole matter trivialized. Although a noble thing to become incensed about I don't want to see a regular guy get punished over a newbie's insensitivity. It's us who post daily that need to be aware of the personal attack stuff because we are in a real comfort zone. It's nice to be granted a little latitude but I sense that the slack has been drawn up for the time being. We would all be wise to think before we speak. Good edit though... ;)

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

AH has always been an a.h. I

think it was Hartwig who called him out to the media about 3 or 4 years ago for being a turd that always got a pass from the local media.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If there actually is paint from his car on the boy's car, and he really admitted to hitting it, he could be screwed. I'm curious to see how this gets played out in the press. So far, it's been quieter than it would be for other people.

5. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Hope the Judge has this wrap sheet in front of him/her when deceiding a penalty for him.

March. 9, 2009-Haynesworth was indicted on two misdemeanor traffic charges stemming from a December 2008 car accident in Tennessee that left a young man in a wheelchair.

Oct. 2, 2006 - The NFL suspends Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth five games for flagrant unnecessary roughness. He was ejected from a game against the Dallas Cowboys after he stomped on Dallas center Andre Gurode's face.

May 12, 2006 - Haynesworth charged with reckless endangerment after another motorist complained he tried to run a car off the interstate. The charges were later dismissed after prosecutors declined to press the case. Haynesworth claimed he was a victim of road rage and was trying to get out of the way.

Nov. 20, 2005 - Haynesworth and Jacksonville safety Deon Grant got into a confrontation after the game. Several players and coaches had to separate them. Grant and Haynesworth played at the University of Tennessee for one year together in 1999. Haynesworth said they were not close at UT. Grant said it was ``a little jawing'' but didn't go into details.

May 6, 2004 - Haynesworth misses two days of voluntary offseason weight training because he said he confused the dates he was supposed to be there. He was the only player to not take part in the team's voluntary offseason conditioning program.

Dec 28, 2003 - Haynesworth was deactivated for a game after he became upset during practice and threw a punch at offensive lineman Matt Martin before arguing with coach Jeff Fisher who ordered him off the field.

August 2003 - Haynesworth was stopped during a drill in training camp by center Justin Hartwig, then kicked Hartwig in the chest.

July 29, 2002 - Haynesworth and Titans agreed to a five-year contract, ending a holdout after five days of training camp.

June 5, 2002 - Haynesworth fought two offensive linemen after consecutive plays during a Titans' minicamp practice.

November 2000 - As a sophomore at the University of Tennessee, Haynesworth was suspended for the first half of a game against Kentucky after he got mad at an offensive lineman during a practice, left the field and returned with a long pole. Coach Phillip Fulmer stepped in before anyone was injured.

6. GoTitans3801

I hope that the judge isn't looking at those things. Most of them would be illegal to consider.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

4 game suspension for sure. His actions almost crippled a guy for life!

Congrats to some posters for not bothering to read the whole thing calling it just a traffic violation.

Way to be on top of things guys!

Maybe albert could ask Lindsay Lohan out. That would be a fine couple..

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

[​IMG]

I'm sure i'm not the only one who has driven north along I-65 between cool springs and nashville. You don't expect some elitist jackass to be driving 100 miles an hour weaving through traffic. Everyone knows that is a fairly busy area with a lot of traffic.

I guess AH thought himself better than the rest of us, that he doesn't have to follow the same rules. Well albert expect to be paying out your arse for this one!

POS!

9. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

The whole point of me posting that was because all the incidents that hes been involved in is all related to his temper. Driving over 100mph and weaving in and out of traffic goes to show you that number one, he has no patience to sit in traffic and drive like the rest of us and number two, feels like hes above the law and doesnt have to obey the rules of the road. Looking back on the timeline to March 12, 2006 where he had a similiar incident,he claimed he was the victim of road rage and charges were dropped because the prosecutors didnt feel like pressin the case. I wonder why???:rolleyes: Fast forward 2 years and what a coincidence,Al's involved in another road rage incident but this time hes the culprit and someones in a wheelchair to prove it. I'm no judge but i sure as hell can connect the dots

10. GoTitans3801

Posting that timeline is fine, he's clearly got a problem, as we've known for some time. However, your suggestion that a judge consider those things was dumb. Sorry.

If you honestly think that the DAs office had a good case on Albert two years ago, you don't know much about law enforcement. It was one person's word against another's, that's a terrible case. Athletes in the media get all kinds of attention, that wouldn't get tried unless it was a slam dunk. The fact that he's been indicted this time is bad news for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar