What I took from the Jets game..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Chris Carr shouldn't be starting.
    He hurt us with his interferences.

One is bad enough, but 2 buried us and kept the Jet's drives alive.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Nope. I thought he would be picked on, and he was. And he played abysmally.

Get healthy Mr. Harper. Please.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I thought the flags on Carr were pretty borderline, I know Simms said they were great calls but Simms is a moron so...

I put this loss on the 6 first half drops and the non existent half time adjustments made by Fisher. I mean if not for those drops we extend our drives, keep the Jets off the field and maybe go into half time with the lead or a tie or whatever, but not down 7. I mean 2 turnovers and 0 points off of them, unacceptable.

Fisher also made no adjustments on defense, that's unacceptable.

All I know is I didn't want our first loss to be with us playing way down to our abilities which we did. Are the Jets better than us? Maybe but I don't think their 21 points or whatever it was better than us. I want this team in the playoffs in the worst way because I know we can beat them. Their not as good as they played today and were damn sure not as bad as we played today.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Also Tony Brown needs to relax a little when we're in the red zone and quit killing us with his false starts and penalties. Today was the second time in two weeks where he hurt us in the red zone and kept the drives alive.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Favre is an awesome QB. That's what I took from this game. I don't think many QB's could get rid of the ball as fast as he did today (and make plays too).

It was a good gameplan from the Jets. Get rid of the ball and neutralize our pass rush. We weren't prepared for the ball control dink n' dunk offense.

The offense had a bad day, plain and simple. Keeping our offense off the field was key in the Jets' ball control offense. So many dropped passes. That was bad, even for our offense. I believe we could have got the running game going eventually, but we trailed the entire game.

6. Titans4life

Titans4life Starter

It bothers me that they came into our house and just man handled us. This left a bad taste in my mouth! Looking forward to Thursday... :irked:

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

you cant really prepare for that kind of play, thats why we was doing it to them late in the game, if we had done it from the start this game would have been a shoot out. we know what to do next time.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I hate how we left Keller wide open all day long. That's what killed me. And of course Jets fans (who booed him at the draft) love this guy now, that's sickening.

Favre is good but he's VERY beatable. I don't care about what kind of streak the Jets are on they lost to Oakland. Harper being in our secondary is as important to Haynesworth being on the defensive line. I didn't think Harper was this good but he is. Even if he only gives up half the passes Carr does, that's still REALLY good. All these 5 minute drives may not happen with a capable corner back playing.

I just can't get over the 6 first half drops. Scaife had the worst one which would have probably been a TD. Even if we have 5 drops but Scaife has that TD catch, it's a totally different ball game. Anyone who is too scared to take a receiver in round 1 because of the risk they need to change their minds after seeing this disaster of a first half.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Both flags on Carr at end were good calls. The first one could have been holding perhaps, though that is still a first down. But the second one was pretty clear.

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

My issues with this team:

We are not nearly as good a running team as we think, at all! We need to be more aggressive as an offense to set up the run. If we continue to run the ball as predictively as we've been, LenDale will be out of the league next year. It is so obvious when he's in the game. We don't do a good enough job of getting CJ out in space, he doesn't break many tackles, but he can make people miss, use his strengths dammit.

This offense has shown it can pass the ball, so do it more often and do it effectively or else we will lose the Time of Possession battle every first half like we have the last 4 weeks because we are too stubborn to set up the run with the pass, instead of being bull-headed and think we have to run the ball in order to pass.

Our defense still doesn't get off the field on third downs, damn, how many long drives am I gonna have to watch?

Michael Griffin needs to make a damn play, whether he's matched up on a tight end or a RB, he consistently doesn't make the play that someone as athletic as he should. He started the season off great, but besides the nice special teams play he made against Chicago, he has been a huge disappointment.

We had some opportunities today, we didn't make the plays. Drops, the fumble and the Defensive philosophy were determining factors in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar