Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

What good is a ticked off Billy Volek?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Ewker Starter

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $2,000

no your not :moon2:
  2. The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Moolah:
    $27
    Titanium, you have hit on a key thought that has been bouncing around the empty space I own between my ears. The whole mindset has changed over the last couple of years. In my mind, we are witnessing the end of Fisherball as we know it. Being involved in many corporate takeovers, when Bud gave his "Fisher's not going anywhere" statement, I put that in the same category as "we don't plan to make any changes" when one corporation buys out another one. When you hear that, and you're with the company that was just bought, your days are numbered.

As for Billy Volek, I'm waiting for Rosenhaus to begin the grandstanding, if he can find his way out of Cowboy World.
  3. super_titan Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Well we have all said Fish is to loyal to his guys and we need to get the best players on the field. Well obvious BV wasnt the best player, will Kerry Collins be any better? I guess we will find out.

Now hopefully we will see Pilliar riding the pine if Fish shuffles around the OL like he said, and a better player beats him out ( wont be hard IMO). Then we need a DT to push Starks. This is what Fish said was gonna happen last year, the best players were gonna be on the field, but so far we havent seen much of that.
  4. Titanpride Insider

Moolah:
    $0
    Drafting Young was motivation for Volek... adding Collins is just frustrating for Volek, it's human nature. It could have a negative effect. Signing Collins is no different than when the Oilers' drafted McNair and added Chris Chandler.
  5. Ewker Starter

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $2,000
    what team is in need of a QB right now. How does BV's agent push him when he was replaced (hopefully not) by Collins.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,383
    Washington?
  6. theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Martin
    Moolah:
    $283
    I think that it's the opposite. Signing Collins is motivation, drafting Young should be the frustrating thing, because even if Volek does good Young will take over in a year or two no matter how Volek performs. But I see how signing Collins this late can be frustrating with it being so late.
  7. TitanKid4Life Guest

i cant help but feel bad for billy because hes got a chance to show what he can do and hes just not comming thru, its dissapointing
  8. theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Martin
    Moolah:
    $283
    Why do you feel bad for him if he has the chance but not coming through??? You feel bad when someone never got a chance or wasn't given a fair chance. Don't feel bad for him now. To be succesful in the NFL you can't feel bad for someone cuz they aren't coming through..
  9. Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $1,174
    I don't remember anyone saying stuff like this before today when Collins was annonuced. There were several complaints about what the team needed, but I don't remember anyone saying we needed to bring in a new QB.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.