What could save Whisenhunt is...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Oct 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

The one thing Whis could do at this point that might save the season is get some help with O-Line coaching. Bostad just flat sucks IMO.

Open some holes in the run game and buy the QB (whomever it may be) another second per play to find the open guy. Keep the DTs out of Mariota's face.
    They did better yesterday but the inconsistency is baffling.
    They go from looking decent on one play to being turnstiles the next. No playcalls will succeed as long as the defense is camped-out in the backfield on every play.

2. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Yep. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. A HC will typically will go with whomever is making plays. I think Whisenhunt is too enamored with DMC, and I don't know why. BTW, TitanJeff, can you fix the typo in the thread title, regarding Whisenhunt's name? I don't know why, but I've been thinking lately it was Wis... rather than Whis...memory is starting to slip on me. :)

• Troll Troll x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Funny but I counted over 100 yards called back on freeman because of holding against the falcons.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

From that article:
    Right now, I want to win a football game,” he said. “I’m a good play-caller. I don’t have any questions about that. If sharing the play-calling responsibilities or doing that will help us win a football game, I have no issues with that.

That sounds like a coach not overly-confident he's the man for the job.

His example, btw, is BS. Does a dropped pass mean a bad play was called? No. When your QB is bouncing balls at the feet of WRs or hurling them 20 feet over their heads, then you might consider that handing the ball off to a hot RB is both a safer and more likely to success option.

No one was saying Andrews needed 35 carries in that game but Whiz has to think of the run game as something he can use in two-minute and on third-and-short more often.

And is Fowler on a milk carton yet?

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm with Gunny, the only thing that can save Whiz is winning. Seriously doubt that is happening though... #FIREWHIZ

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

A lot of things are going to save Whis..

20 million guaranteed (5 full years)
    clueless GM
    lack of ownership
    rookie QB

they may fire him after year 3, but something tells me they won't after year 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar