Wells left without a deal..now visiting St Louis

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NYCTitanfan84, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

1) Chris Myers, Houston Texans

Age as of 1st September, 2012: 30

2011 Grade: +32.6

Key Stat: No team ran off their center more this year than the Texans, 180 times at 4.1 yards per carry.

Behind the Numbers: Myers has played in the shadow of Nick Mangold and Matt Birk for the last two seasons, but with both struggling through injury and Myers raising his game against nose tackles, the Houston starter rose to the top in his contract season to take our first team All-Pro start at center. Myers’ is a perfect fit for the Texans’ zone scheme, but his improvement against nose tackles this season–his run blocking grade was +8.9 against teams who operate some sort of a 3-4 defense compared to -1.5 last season–may just pique the interest of teams running other schemes.

2) Scott Wells, Green Bay Packers

Age as of 1st September, 2012: 31

2011 Grade: +16.0

Key Stat: Has allowed only two sacks every season for the last three years.

Behind the Numbers: Wells has been the Packers’ starter at center ever since we started grading back in 2008 and his lowest season rank among centers came in 2009; he was our 19th-ranked center that year, in spite of a +4.4 grade. Wells’ consistency has seen him end up as one of a handful of Packers players in the running to be tagged to keep him in Green Bay. With the league-wide increase of teams running from the shotgun and spread formations, Wells’ value should only be bumped on the open market and, despite of a disappointing display in the Packers’ playoff defeat (two penalties and three pressures), he is sure to attract interest on the open market. But would you leave that Green Bay team for a bigger pay day?

2. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Makes sense why i've heard that Meyers would probably cost more..but I wonder how much more? Regardless I dont think we can go wrong with either...

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Someone mentioned that it might be a million dollar difference per year. I don't remember who said that...not that it matters, though.

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Getting Myers would also deal a blow to the Texans....so that would be doubly good...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar