Week one thoughts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanfan2009, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanfan2009

Titanfan2009 Starter

my contribution...

The positives: I believe Locker will go through peaks and valleys throughout the season, but I believe he will be much better for having started from game one. I saw the physical attributes that allowed him to make plays, and I saw the inexperience that he will hopefully learn from. I want to see his mental toughness more so than physical skills.

I believe our receivers are not an issue. I can only hope what Britt will bring, if he can stay on the field.

The negatives: it's easy to say Chris Johnson sucks. There are no excuses for his lack of aggressiveness. as the announcers pointed out, he is trying to make 5 yards turn into 20, and he's ending up with 2. However, I believe there continues to be a greater problem with our run game in general. Few holes, and even the other backs were not doing much. I don't know if it's scheme, personnel, preparation, or a combination of all 3. At one point, I was seriously hoping they would simply abandon the run and use passes and tosses to get cj the ball, because he was obviously not doing anything with a handoff.

Playcalling/scheme on defense. they seemed so vanilla and conservative at times. i understand against brady it's hard to bring blitzes, but after the first half, they should have at least TRIED something different. maybe the preseason performance was overrated. maybe it's the patriots and they are going to steamroll many other opponents this year.

Griffin- i'm not sure what the staff sees in him.

Overall, i was disappointed with the execution, the lack of at least one PI in the endzone, and left wondering what kind of adjustments the coaches are willing to make.

It was the first game, against a popular superbowl pick.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Front 7 is trash.

1 sack and made Ridley look like Barry Sanders.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I hope this was a wake up call, we aren't winning 10 games playing like that. Too many stupid mistakes.

Mistake No.1 was paying Chris Johnson all that money for 4-yards. Fisher duped us.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

But we looked so great in preseason.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

If you dont hit Brady, you dont win.He made a couple mistakes the few times he was hurried.Titans just did not take advantage. The defense will probably be Ok against other teams, but nothing special. There is still a lot of potential because of their youth.

6. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

Positives: Locker - he made mistakes, but did not let them phase him. He played good and was the only offense we had all game. I thought Cook had a good game as well, and Wright did well in his first NFL start. Wimberly was the only who got any pressure on Brady.

Negatives: No running game; Locker could not win it by himself. It's not only CJ or the o-line, it is both. The defense wasnt even good today. The front 7 couldnt stop the run and Brady faced little pressure for most of the game and he carved up the soft zone. Griff is terrible and should thank his lucky stars that the long td pass was dropped because he got schooled. Why the Titans re-signed him, I will never know

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

A positive we get out of this is that we won't face a team like the Patriots again.

I feel really good about our chances the next 3 weeks.

8. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Would have been nice if Marks played. It was also strange seeing Mouton and Sensabaugh out there regularly. Where was Zach Brown? And why were Verner/McCourty playing 6-10 yards off the line? Why did Wimbley get stuck covering Gronk on a play? Too many questions.

Tackling was piss poor today also.

Plenty of things to work on this week, however I like our chances against SD coming off a Monday night game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Game could've been a lot worse.

-No Britt
    -McCarthy out early
    -OL was trash
    -Refs horrible on a few plays

I didn't expect to win but was hoping to keep it close. Liked what I saw from Locker, Wright looked good, and Wimbley got a sack. Brady tore us apart along with the TE's but we knew that was going to happen. I like our chances against SD.

10. Joe Blaque

Joe Blaque Starter

Actually the middle of the defense is trash, except for McCarthy who didn't play most of the game.

Witherspoon looked old and slow. Ayers was out of position a lot after McCarthy was out. Casey was invisible. Mike Martin looked like a lost rookie. Klug was a non-factor. And all of the safeties suck.

If McCarthy is out of any amount of time the defense is screwed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar