"We thought we'd be 4-4 at this moment"?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HeadOnASwivel, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

What immediate changes? Name them.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

If you think Munch is going to say "there will be changes". You are setting yourself up for failure.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Start with firing Jerry Gray, that would be a fantastic start. There is no way, our defense can be any worse. Munch has to show that there are ramifications for poor performance.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Totally agree, but one can dream right?

5. Alex1939

Who would you realistically hire right now on Oct 28th to replace him?

6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Doesn't matter, we are on pace to make NFL history in points allowed. Promote from within', it literally cannot get any worse. At this point I'd take Frank Bush or Juan Castillo.

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

If you're optimistic about 4-4 you need to reevaluate your standards of success..

There's no excuse for constant mediocrity and believing that things will change on their own.. [man what an epiphany i just had about my own life.. where's DW and his "deep man" pic when you need it.."]

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Alex1939

Given our schedule I would've felt good at 4-4, but not how the team has played to get there particularly on defense.

That is just realism. This isn't college. We aren't going to be 14-2 or 12-4 or 10-6 every year, and we haven't in a long time BUT this is only the 2nd year of a new era with VERY young players.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Exactly.

Sometimes it's just about sending a message, of accountability. Also, sometimes the mere presence of "change" can provide a mental/emotional spark. That's why I've always hated the "but who else is there" excuse. I've never understand the mentality behind continually sticking with something/someone that is a proven failure.

The real question should be, what HAS Jerry Gray done to KEEP his job? I'd love to hear someone answer that one.

• High Five High Five x 5
  10. Alex1939

Please correct this if I am wrong... I thought I heard mutliple teams were on pace to break the NFL most points allowed in history mark?

I just assume the game is so much more O oriented that is PART of the blame.

Obviously our D has played sucky for the most part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar