We need a safety. Patrick Peterson?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I've made it known that I think Patrick Peterson is all show and no go- mostly due to his coverage issues. But I do think he'll end up playing safety and being pretty good there.
    Which makes me torn on the guy. If he fell to us, I'd hate the pick if he were to play CB but if we had him playing S in mind, that'd be a good move.

Someone will probably reach on him and take him before we pick anyway- but Chris Hope just might be the weakest link on the team. Peterson is 6'1 and 220... bigger than Hope.

Just a thought.

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Not worth the eighth pick in my opinion.

3. Deuce Wayne

His value greatly appreciates as a safety, I think. He's built his name off play-making, has good size and speed... I think he's pretty enticing as a safety prospect.

4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

strange... everywhere I look it says CB-Patrick Peterson.......
    Lets draft Robert Sands instead :D

5. Deuce Wayne

Yeah, Antrelle Rolle had "CB" beside it too and I tried to tell everyone that wouldn't last. :)

Still hoping Robert Johnson becomes a player.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Lol

You like to pick one star guy and say he can't play.

But for fun...what coverage 'issues' are you referring too?

Secondly, why would he be a bust at the position he's played and dominated in vs moving him to a position he's NEVER played and somehow projecting him to be BETTER...? Please enlighten us with your thought process...

Hope is certainly the weakest link on D.

Let me ask a question, would you rather have Ed Reed or Darrelle Revis on your team. Who do you think has a bigger impact on the D?

Gut

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Why not? And did you think Pacman was worth the 6th pick? What pick is a Darrelle Revis or Namdi Asomugha worth?

Gut

8. Deuce Wayne

Darrelle Revis isn't that great. So of course Ed Reed. Revis was a fluke product of a system and not much else.

Peterson has been known to have coverage problems, where he gets lost. Many think it's a mental problem- I don't. I think he just doesn't have good cover skill.

And my reasoning for moving him to safety is because it's MUCH easier to play safety than CB. You don't have to be near as good in coverage but can survive going to the ball- something he does pretty well.

He simply wont be dominant in the NFL at CB. For one- they have good QBs in the NFL unlike the SEC, two- those QBs actually pass the ball unlike the SEC, and 3... it's just a much more difficult time shutting down elite WRs than having one decent game vs Julio Jones and playing against no one else all season.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Roflamo!!!

LOL!!! So when he negates Reggie Wayne, Moss or take your pick and 60-100% of the time he's playing one on one...he's a product of the system? If that were true, how come they usually double someone else and the other CB's aren't half as good nor as effective as Revis?

The above paragraph means there is something seriously wrong with your concept.

And S is not "easier" to play than CB. They have different skill sets. Peterson is better when he's in bump and can turn and run with the WR. He's not as good in off-man when he has to read and break FORWARD...something S's do a LOT. So you're saying his best skill set we shouldn't use in favor of his lesser skill set?

Gut

10. Deuce Wayne

I'm saying he's not best suited at CB. If he sucks at safety... eh. But he's better suited for it physically.

And sorry... Revis was the most overrated player in the NFL. He fell off this past season, thankfully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar