We just lost to a team...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

CJ has also had 130 yards in both games since Randy got here. I find that to be no coincidence at all. He takes up a double coverage for literally the entirety of the game. We have lost both games because we've played and coached like absolute garbage.

The problem is nearly ALL the defense. We let the worst 3rd down converting team in the history of the NFL convert time after time after time. We only had the ball for 5 plays in the first quarter...our defense just could not get off the field. 3rd and 16 they converted at one point. That's disgusting. Granted we definitely need to score, it's hard to score from the sideline.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Why do you guys insist on making the same point that I've agreed with over and over. Yes... CJ is better.
    Once again, how long does that work?

The problem isn't nearly all defense. And here's why:

We averaged 28 points per game until 2-3 weeks ago.

We allow 17.5 points per game.

Now... the last 3 games we've lost our opponents scored: 25,17, and 16 points.

Had our offense merely kept going- we would have won every one of those games.

So to act like it isn't offense... that's wrong. Our defense is still allowing the same amount of points. The offense has fallen.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Not to mention a pretty week regular season record... 55%. 8-8. So... exactly what part of that is the great part? He's been mediocre. So have the Titans.

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

DW I have some insight.

1) Britt went down.
    2) Gage is playing.
    3) Damien Williams is Benching.
    4) Scaife is being thrown to.
    5) We don't even throw to Moss.

^ These are why we are not scoring points. End of story yo.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

There is a direct relationship between the amount of time the offense spends sitting on the bench watching the D give up conversion after conversion and the amount of points they score. The Skins had the ball for 15 minutes more then us in this game. We cannot score if we cannot get our offense the ball. When we did have the ball, the few times that happened, we made decent drives. Bo Scaife dropped a TD pass that would have more or less won us the game. Then Rusty Smith came in and sucked garbage threw a water hose during the fourth quarter and OT.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'm sure us averaging less points per game has everything to do with Randy Moss and nothing to do with Kerry Collins and Rusty Smith each playing 1 half of football, essentially 1 game between them. Do you even think before you post Deuce?

Hell, I'll even go 1 step further. We barely even had the ball for any of the first half today. 2.5 minutes in the first quarter to be precise. But again, lets blame Moss.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Not to mention 1/2 of the 'Skins were injured.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar