Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chris_Henry29, Dec 10, 2007.
Apply two scoops per day to your undershorts. You should be a fan again by the KC game.
Again, based on the teams second half of the season........WE DON'T DESERVE TO BE IN THE PLAYOFFS. Making it into the playoffs does nothing but...
1. Build a false sense of hope: We are not ready to face the likes of Indy, and Pats, or even Pittsburg (who I don't think is that good anyway) at this stage, the way we've been playing we will get our butts handed to us.
2. Build a false sense of security: Look at us now, b/c we barely missed the playoffs last year, we expect a "PERFECT STORM" to occur again this year. Which will also lend to our assumtions that next year we will be a LOCK for the playoffs next season
3. Hurt our feelings: I don't know about you, but knowing that a relative or someone you love is about to buy the farm does not necessarily prepare you for the sting when it does actually happen. When they lose to whomever, it is going to pain me for then next several months until the draft.
4. Give a small attitude of complacency: Hungrier if we make the plaoffs and lose, or hungrier if me miss the playoffs all together?? I think the latter
We have a few glaring holes, I don't want us making the playoffs putting blinders on the F.O. We need some help in various positions and they have to see that. Making the playoffs may skew their vision.
Again, all of the thoughts that I have are based on the second half of the season. They have not been able to put in on the track and ride it out. Will a 3 game winning streak make me feel differently? maybe, but those wins would have to show
1. Consistency: All three phases of the game, 2. Good play: Getting off the field in 3rd down situations, and converting 3rd downs and sustainning drives coming away with touchdowns and 3. Great Coaching: Having a great Game Plan utilizing the teams strengths, and understanding that playing to WIN is quite different than playing NOT TO LOSE.
If they show those things, then it will definately sway my opinion.
I am full of "Realistic Hope"......
My skull is aching. I'm hearing fans spewing rationalized gibberish about why they don't want their team to make the play-offs.
Of course the Titans don't deserve to make the play-offs- they aren't holding one of the two wildcard slots right now BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T GET IT DONE. But if they do what it takes to get one of the slots- then they deserve it.
Too many people are so hurt by San Diego loss (and believe me, I was also) that they somehow want to hurt other fans and the team itself.
Let's go fans- keep your head clear. If we don't make the play-offs then we didn't deserve it. If we do make it, then we deserve it. It isn't some beauty pageant where Aunt Polly's college room-mate scores contestants from 1 to 10, it is a standardized formula. If we make it then we deserve it.
And it is effin ridiculous to be so mad/disappointed that you give up cheering for your team to do well even if we DID blow a 14 point lead late in the game. Chit happens- get over it. I'm mostly pissed that not only that we SHOULD have won the game, I'm 100% confident we WOULD have won that game if we had let VY use his strengths. But we didn't and we lost and tough chit.
Let's not quit trying to care of business and let's win out. I'll be cheering as loud as ever.
1. It's not gibberish, it's the truth as I see it.
2. Don't be decieved, just because you make the Playoffs doesn't mean you "deserve" to be in the playoffs. "Deserving" means that you've done YOUR part and EARNED that particular privilege. Sitting around waiting for 5 teams to lose is not my idea of "Deserving" to be in the playoffs.
3. Whatever the case, I will be right there cheering for our team as always regardless....)
you are dead right .we have got to remain positive,larry stone said that we can come back from last sunday and remember last year the bolts ran all over us.
in the early part of the season luck was with us but know it is our turn to take the shots.
I listen from the UK every sunday and hey things are so much better than 2 years ago,
this is still a growning team and hey it took manning 9 years to win a superbowl.
be positive and run the ball right at kc.
remind me never to call your office for skin irritation problems.
This team needs playoff experience.
If we win out and the Browns stumble, we deserve to make it.
But we HAVE to win, which is worrying me a lot more than the Browns and Bills right now. Even though it is KC.
Don't you be deceived. If you make the play-offs it means you met the OBJECTIVE criteria (provided there is not a coin toss) to garner one of the spots. There is no SUBJECTIVE assessment regarding the quality of the team's performance. It is a STANDARDIZED formula. If you get the spot- you EARNED it according to pre-determined criteria.
In your terms, if 5 teams lose out and they don't get the play-off spot, then THEY don't deserve it.
Any team who makes the playoffs deserves to be there.
Imagine for a minute we run the table and end the season 10-6. While we win out, we start to regain our form on defense we know we are capable of having. In the meantime, the running game which has been inconsistent begins to be more effective as the weather turns colder. Add to that Young begins to settle down and does what we've seen him do in the few times the Titans have fallen behind.
This is the NFL. Anything can happen and usually does.
Separate names with a comma.