We are going to make the play-offs.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chris_Henry29, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Cut the guy some slack. He just being positive. Maybe a little naive.... Alot of negativity on these boards. This guy put on a chemical induced smile and some of you guys jump all over him.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

stick around on the board for a while and you'll see why

3. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Why does everyone keep making it sound like it will be sooooooooo tough to get in IF we win out. Now obviously the way are team has looked recently you definitely can't lock us up for ten wins already, but if we do find a way to win out all we need to happen is buffalo beat cleveland. Or cleveland lose any of there last 3 for that matter. If we win out we have the tie breaker on buffalo and cleveland.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You are lashing out like a little whiney child. Typically titan fans? What the hell kind of sentence fragment is that? You are so over heated and emotional you are just pounding out nonsense on your keyboard. Quick to jump off the bandwagon? Take note I started posting on this forum following a 5 win season. I actually buy tickets to the games. I spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on tickets and game day related expenses. I drive 300 miles to and from each home game to be in attendance. I don't skip games. I am at the stadium when our record is crap and the weather is ****. I am what alot of fans of this team only wish they could be. Don't question whether I am loyal to the team based on my realistic point of view that we are no longer in contention for the play-offs. It's not official by any means but it doesn't mean that I'm off some bandwagon. I'll be a big fan of this team regardless. I'm just choosing to save my optmism for next year. Besides, if the Titans can't beat the Chargers we have no business in the playoffs anyways. The Titans aren't good enough.

Grow up kid. Don't act like being a college sophmore makes you some kind of mature man of the world. I remeber when I was twenty. I remember what assclowns my friends were. I'm all for optmism bro but sometimes you just have to accept reality and the reality is that we are #9 in the wc race with three games left. It doesn't look good.

If the weather man called for 90% chance of rain would you scold everyone who brought an umbrella along?

5. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

The Big Picture:

WE DON'T DESERVE TO BE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!

I love my team, but I just don't want them to backslide into the playoffs, only to have them underperform as they have all the second half of the season, and get their azzes handed to them just for the sake of saying we were a playoff team.

Who would send their little brother into a fight knowing the school bully is going to whupp his azz. There's no pride in football for a loss. An L is an L as my boy says.

I know, I know...any given Sunday right???? Hell, then can we get something going?? and BTW this Sunday would be nice.

To quote one of my favorite comedies:

Lloyd: What are the chances of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?
    Mary: Well, that's pretty difficult to say.
    Lloyd: Hit me with it! I've come a long way to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
    Mary: Not good.
    Lloyd: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
    Mary: I'd say more like one out of a million.
    [pause]
    Lloyd: So you're telling me there's a chance.

Optimism at it's finest....:ha:

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He's still holding out hope that chris henry will be the man someday. Thinking we can make the playoffs is but a meager expectation in comparison.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

no doubt. The only thing supporting his argument is his own eroding hope.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Not really. I found this "pseudo-scientific" page. The Titans went from a 47.9% chance of making the playoffs to a 15.5% chance by losing to the Chargers and the Bills/Browns winning.

We are still in it but not by much (obviously). Still, I am intrigued that the Browns must play the Bills, Bengals, and 49ers. If the Bills and Bengals get it done then we our chances sky-rocket if we win out. The Bills have the Browns, Giants and Eagles to go.

According to this site, if we win out, we have a 85% of being in the play-offs.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NFL/AFC/South/Titans.html

[​IMG]

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

now that's how you present an idea..

with tact and the use of logic

kudos Riverman

and that's exciting news

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar