Was it a mistake to let Nash get away?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The biggest mistake is thinkng you can have a mature dialogue with the original poster of this garbage.

2. Like RollTide said, Henry is gonna be a problem, he's slow and he's ageing, he's past his peak, and he costs. We need to think about the future yes, Henry and Brown was supposed to be a great tandem, now Brown is likely gone next year, and that just leaves Henry, surely it won't be just him White. Reese will pick a RB mid-round, from what Nendzone says, Ganther looks good, but will he make the roster or practice squad...

I really didn't see why we did not take an O-Lineman in the draft, that was puzzling...

3. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

I disagree, considering that both Henry and Brown are in the final year of their contracts and they should be starting to think about next year's depth this year. I think RB was at least as logical a choice as DL. Especially if they had Ganther rated higher than the next available D-lineman.

I don't think OL was in the same position, since they've been fairly aggressive about adding "developmental" depth the last three years already.

I don't have a problem with them trying to get an up-close look at a back of their choice from the 7th round, rather than have to hope they got him as a UDFA. Especially if they are trying to find a guy who might "redshirt" on the practice squad for a year and then challenge for the roster openings next year once the top of the depth chart thins back out.

Don't know yet how they'll manage their PS but I do think Ganther is a very legitimate candidate.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny you are so easy...

Juqua thomas had 4 full seasons to prove his worth to the titans and did get to play some each year. Nash is a young runningback with 5 career nfl carries. We hardly know what he can do.

Note that your boy thomas had no sacks last year for the eagles. 0, donut baby!

5. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Oh come on it's the truth and you know it. If not, refer to the mighty Olandis Gary (or even Mike Anderson in Baltimore this year) for proof. Even Mike Bell for God's sake. Heck, they found a way to make Ron Dayne run for more than 3 yards, that's saying something. Put Mike Bell in New England and he's way behind Kevin Faulk.

Fact is, it's a system as long as Plummer (or any QB) doesn't screw up, like Plummer did in the AFC Championship last year. They got behind, had to open up the O, and he blew it.

This is all moot. No way Nash makes that roster with T. Bell, M. Bell, Dayne and Cedric Cobbs ahead of him

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Roll, this is sarcasm :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: sarcasm, this is Roll.

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Nash is a head case. In high school back in St. Louis, he was 10 times better than anyone else and a legitimate star. Since then, though, he has done nothing but cause trouble. Missouri players practically got down on their knees and praised Jesus when he left. If you don't believe me, send me a PM and I'll get you the quotes.

I'm not at every practice, but according to what I heard, he was a bust last year in training camp, didn't show any work ethic, stayed in the doghouse and then showed up for camp this year overweight.

After all of that crap, Damien Nash, I don't care if you are the second coming of Christian Okoye... get off my team.

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Where did you guys get this "Nash was cut" from? He ASKED to be released and was granted his released. The official word was that he was RELEASED, not cut. My friend actually saw him the morning that he was leaving camp in Clarksville and she said that he looked happy and relieved to be going somewhere else and getting a new start.

Nash and Fisher have always had a bad relationship. The two personalities didn't mesh well, from what I understand. I also heard that there was a team wide prank pulled on Nash last season, that was approved by the coaches.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

difference between cut and release?

details on prank please, otherwise please don't bother mentioning these behind the scenes things - remember he's a donkey now so show no mercy.

10. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

Hoffa, I'm liking you better and better...And Nash was a B- troublemaker--Glad he's gone

( Bulluck would have had a heart attack if that kid was still around)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar