Warren Moon working with Newton?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah I've got that scary feeling we will.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I'd be more than happy to add him to the team. He seems like hes got that "it" factor that every great leader has, and all the tools to be successful. But I don't think we will all because of the VY mess...

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Notice how the only good things people can say about him are the exact same things people said about Vince.

"He's just got that it factor"

"He just wins, He's a winner, He's a leader" etc.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. TheSureThing

No. Beacuse unlike Vince he's also got great mechanics, solid footwork, a powerful arm, and something I like to call work ethic.

Now, what exactly does Scott Tolzien or Christian Ponder do better than Cam Newton that makes you so anxious to draft them?

The answer is nothing, or does coming from a pro style offense mean everything nowadays?

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

it don't hurt

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

VY was a better prospect than Newton is, this isn't arguable. Cam Newton is a VY clone, and a poor greedy one at that.

7. TheSureThing

BS.

Before the National Championship game VY was a 2nd round pick..

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Throw the football? Play quarterback?

And Vince Young was hyped more than Cam ever was. You've got a short memory.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

All i know is that i have been watching college football longer than most of you guys and i have never, never seen a player put a team on his back like that. VY was similar i agree but that 2005 Texas team was loaded with nfl players. Newton had less to work with. Even Peyton Manning couldn't do what Cam did.

I'm sick of people talking about Vince young as if he was Akili Smith. He was not. He was and is a damn talented QB who at times in his career showed that he could be an elite player. He showed it with his running ability as a rookie, he showed it when we were 8-2 in 09 and he showed it this year with the 98 passing rating.

A talent like Vince Young with a better head on his shoulders and a work ethic would be a very valuable player. That is Cam Newton and he is bigger than VY and he has a natural delivery.

Those worried about the titans getting Cam can rest easy he will likely be gone by the 5th pick if not the first pick.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No on both counts. Newton's passing stats were outstanding.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar