Walter not ready to come off PUP yet

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

In theory, the Titans could take wide receiver Kevin Walter off the PUP list as early as Monday, since the team will have played six games.

But that won’t happen, since Walter, who underwent disc surgery in late July, is still on the mend.

“Nothing immediate, no,” Titans coach Mike Munchak said of the team’s plans for Walter. “He hasn’t done enough to see really where he’s at physically. He’s been doing his rehab and going along with the running, doing some light things and progressing, but he’s not ready to compete yet.”

Walter said this week he’s back to running after recovering from a minor setback in his rehabilitation just over a week ago.

“I kind of tweaked the back a little bit (while doing rehab exercises) and it went into spasms,” Walter said. “But I’m feeling better now. The other day I was stiff, but I’m getting better each day now and that’s the main thing. That’s all you can ask for.”

If and when the Titans do take Walter off PUP, the team would then have up to three weeks to watch him practice. If the Titans haven’t chosen by then to add Walter to the 53-man roster, he would be placed on injured reserve and would be done for the year.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Seemed like a good pickup at first but has ended up being a total waste. Glad his pay isn't coming out of my pocket.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It wouldn't be right if one of these free agents we signed wasnt hurt.

Levitre was hurt
    Walker was hurt
    Greene is hurt
    Hill is hurt
    Pituitua or how ever its spelled was hurt

Pollard and Fitz better be careful

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Not sure why you're surprised.. given our history..

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

why does anyone care about Walter?

He BARELY had a shot at making the roster. In all honesty, he should be thankful he is hurt.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar