VY Poll for fans and non fans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Childress79, Mar 11, 2009.

?
  1. Bust and you hope he leaves the Titans without any further distraction

15.6%
  2. Hope yet if he restructures & sit's behind Collins for two years to learn & mature

60.9%
  3. Young has had bad luck and will return to be a great QB for the Titans

20.3%
  4. Young has had bad luck and will return to be a great QB for another team

3.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I think too many members are criticised for questioning Young.

My goal for this poll is to show people where you stand on VY so that you can point to your vote without having to get into another petty debate on Young.

In the past I have cheered for him,criticised him,made fun of him and shown empathy for him.It pisses me off that too many respected posters get accused of being haters for criticising VY.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm not ready to say I WANT him to sit for two years behind Collins, for three total? I think I'd like to see him play after this year. I still think the Titans should have let Mac open throttle sooner. Two on then three off....meh.

I would rather the Titans say come what may after this year IF Vince develops and works his arse off that he's the starter in 2010, and that Collins heads in as the backup. I'd say to Collins, Look, we've given you four years on this team, two as backup, two as starter. At this point we have to see what we have with Young. But you're still getting paid to be here, remember, so if that's not good enough still, we'll understand.

I seem to remember Young beating Collins in camp this year. If that was to continue after this year, I see no reason to wait until 2011 to start him.

The contract will be the sticky part, I'd guess. Will his ego take the "Alex Smith" treatment? That could tell us all we'd need to know, really.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Did he really beat him or was the job his to lose? I never knew about an open competition for the starting job this past year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

let him go!

5. ohsfball9109

ohsfball9109 Rookie

Well I will be the first to say that Vince Young needs help with his emotions. I however, still believe that he is a great athlete. I will never forget the way he played in the National Championship against USC. I also think that he played decently at times when he was our starter. No one really questioned him when it was his rookie year and he was running past the Texans to give us an overtime victory, or when he helped have a 21 point 4th quarter comeback against the Giants.

He does need help with his emotions, but wouldn't we rather have someone who cares about how he performs instead of someone out there who give a care less about what his stats are, as long as he gets paid.

Vince led to a winning season his rookie year, one that we had not had since 2003.
    He also led us to the playoffs his second year, another feat that we had not been able to do since 2003.

I say we just stick it out and see where stuff lays out, but bring in a young guy that could possibly have a future as well.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I have no doubt that's he's still as great an athlete as he was in 06.

Is it best to find away to use that or to try and coach him into something more.Either way he has to want it.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Tyrone Calico and Andre Woolfolk were great athletes too.

8. ohsfball9109

ohsfball9109 Rookie

But Calico and Woolfolk both showed no drive or work ethic to be able make it the league.. at least Vince is set on winning the spot back and proving to everyone that he has what it takes!

9. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

so he says. he didnt show that last year. always away from the offense. never looking over pictures with kfc or simms. he didnt prove anything last year, except he knew how to throw a temper tantum. and what is going to stop him from doing it again this year??? what happens if he gets booed in the first pre-season game??? throw another year down the drain?

10. ohsfball9109

ohsfball9109 Rookie

He did show signs of being a baby and immature throughout the season... But he still has two years left on the contract. He has the ability to become a pretty good football player.. I think he just needs to grow up and be the person we are paying him to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar