VY not known for his hard work?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Rebel Titan, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

page could not be displayed

2. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Should be ok now.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Losing Pacman Jones for the year for off-the-field issues will really be felt by this team. Jones was a great as a return man, and he was also on his way to being a Pro Bowl corner. He gave up six completions in 2006 in man coverage

damn, that's pretty impressive.

4. Can you say jack-a&& or what. Who gave this guy a job? Is he the lost brother of Merril Hoge?

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

nothing sounded that "out there" to me about his article.

He could've said much worse.

6. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

"He was never the hardest worker, according to team insiders. Young has that same reputation, so he has to nip it in the bud. Young has to take more pride in working to be a better player. It takes hard work. It takes time. Some Titans insiders insist that his success -- overrated at that -- last season as a rookie could be a bad thing. Cockiness and arrogance are how great talents never reach their potential. Here's hoping Young comes to his senses. '

All I have heard and read this offseason is how hard and dedicated Vince is to becoming a better player and leader. Yet he need to come to his senses? Don't know, seems awfully contrived to me.

7. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

Didn't Vince pay for his receivers to come down to Houston and work out during the summer? How is that being lazy and not hard working?

What a clown.

8. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Well since he is such a hack. He must be wrong about this stuff also.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

The Titans allowed Steve McNair to get away with a lot of things when he was the quarterback. He was never the hardest worker, according to team insiders.

Ain't that the truth. One reason I was very glad we got rid of McNair....I was hoping his bad habits wouldn't rub off on Vince, even though they have been friends a long time. I have posted this before, but VY has to improve his passing. Teams are getting wise to him, and he needs to find that weapon. There is no reason not to play 8 in the box, because he has no threat with his arm to burn you downfield. To compensate, the Titans are going to run tons of short stuff this year, and hopefully we break some slant routes or WR screens for TD's. Working hard isn't enough....you have to improve as you do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar