Volek to Get in Extra Work with WRs Before Camp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: QB Billy Volek plans to rest and spend time with his family before training camp begins on July 28. He also plans to spend some extra time with his WRs. "I have a plan to meet with some of the wide receivers out in Arizona," Volek said. "There’s a little camp out there a lot of the guys around the league go to. David Givens and I are talking about it, and Bobby Wade, and if I can drag Drew [Bennett] out there, it will help out too. It’s just to go out there and carry us through till the season, and to get our timing down." Volek's goal is for the Titans to have two 1,000-yard receivers in 2006 as the team did in '04 when Bennett and Derrick Mason combined for 2,400 receiving yards.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

i hope hes right....we'll see...although i do have my doubts that we could have two 1,000yard guys....

3. moosle

moosle Camp Fodder

i like seeing some leadership out of Volek. hopefully the guys (bennett) will listen to him and follow his lead. if he is in fact going to lead our team for the '06 season then it's important that the guys respect him enough to put in some extra work when the QB is asking for it.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I love seeing this kind of attitude and leadership from the QB position. I think Billy can really have a solid year if the O-Line can just keep him clean.

5. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Your right...It all depends on the O-line...

6. If the O-Line does its job then great, he can do his thing

Leadership is a huge vital quality, if the guys are paying close attention to what he wants done it can only be good for the team

7. Witherpd

Witherpd Guest

I wonder why he isn't trying to "drag" Calico down to AZ with him?

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I noticed that too. And you'd think Williams and Roby could use the work as well.

9. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Volek and Givens may be talking about it but I read somewhere, about two weeks ago, that Givens was going back to Houston and working out with Young.

10. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Its not just the o-line. A lot of his sacks last year came from holding on to the ball too long.

That said, I like his initiative. I'd love nothing more than to have him keep Vince on the bench til '08. Thats not a knock on Vince, but it'd give him more time to develop, and take a year of wear and tear off Vince's career.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar