Vinny Curry

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Here's Vinnys combine results, and how he ranks at the DE position:

Pro Day @ Marshall (3/14/12)
    40: 4.69 (5th)
    BP: 28 (5th)
    VERT: 35 (T-4th)
    BROAD: 09'03" (15th)
    3-CONE: 6.90 (T-3rd)

I was curious why Vinny dominated his Pro-Day, but sucked at his measurable drills at the combine. Curry admitted to nervousness at the Combine, telling the Huntington Herald-Dispatch, “Everybody knew how rattled I was at the Combine. I was kind of out of my comfort zone a little bit.”

I'm hoping he's our guy. But we can not wait to the second round for him. If we want him take him, or trade a few picks back and take him. Just like Locker last year, most people think we reached on him, but we were sold on him and didn't want to risk not getting him. Texans (26), Patriots (27), Packers (28), Ravens (29), and Patriots (31) could be interested in the late 1st. Then literally every second round team before us could use a DE or pass-rushing OLB.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You want a player who gets shy and turtles in front of top talent? What's he gonna do when an All-Pro Tackle is breathing down his back?

Vinny Curry is not our guy.

3. JCBRAVE

Zach Brown is just a good athlete, if he's there in the 2nd, maybe we take him, but he's not someone we should chase after.

4. JerseyTitan

JerseyTitan Rookie

There is no way that Curry is there for us in the second. He is one of my favorites in this draft, but the only way we get him is if we trade back in the first or trade up in the second. Us Titans fans tend to forget that almost every team in the top twenty needs help on the d-line, and they are all hoping for Curry (or Chandler jones, Kendall Reyes, etc) in the second round. I'm not sure if the FO could swing it, but I'd love to trade back in the first to move up in the second. That way, we could take Konz in the first, and Curry in the second (***knock on wood***).

5. JCBRAVE

It would be a mistake to use our 1st pick on Peter Konz. He's the best center in a bad batch of centers. None of them are 1st round talents, and shouldn't be taken day-1 of the draft. He fills a need we have, but every time we've drafted out of need it's hurt us. BPA is the best way to build a good team for years.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I like Peter Konz...

..in the 2nd round

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I just don't see much in Vinny Curry.

He's a Derrick Morgan type... solid, but nothing really special.

8. JCBRAVE

I like him too, he was the first guy I was talking up, but then I realized even thou he's a good player, the value isn't there at 20. If we were picking at 30 he'd be my pick, but at 20 there's better picks than a center.

9. JCBRAVE

Still doubting Morgan huh.... Can't wait to see your opinion change mid-season.

10. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

I hope your right we need him to come through in a big way. Fingers crossed for 8-10 sacks.

Side note path to the draft or whatever it is called in on the NFL Network tonight at 6 pm and they are discussing what Tennessee may do. Not like any expert ever gets our pick right anyway but I'll still tune in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar