Vince Young's contract calls for a $5+ million raise next year.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I really don't think it's all that laughable.

Cutler = stud

Young = dud

2. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i think no matter what vince does this year he is gone. if vince comes in and wins the sb (never going to happen) i still think they let him go. he is to immature and divaish for this team. vy will ride the pine for the whole year...and be cut next year.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

This is old news. We've known about the contract status and discussed it months ago. Either he re-negotiates or he's cut. Unless he gets some significant play time this season and does something with it, he won't even have much value to get himself signed by another team.

4. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

Cutler throws just as many int. as Vince does, and only throws for more touchdowns because he threw into the redzone.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I never said anything contrary to that. The issue is 2010.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That is pure nonsense! Sirmon was about a $2.5M cap hit not $14M. Also sirmon was coming off a knee so they honestly were not sure what he had left and thought they needed him.

Who is tullock?

7. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

He is going to get cut if he does not start by the end of the season

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If I was running the front office I wouldn't make anything of Vince's high dollar contract. It is a non-issue today. Back on 7/27/2006 they signed a six-year, $58 million contract. The deal contains $25.74 million guaranteed, including a $2.64 million signing bonus and a $12.3 million option bonus in the second year. 2009: $2.16 million, 2010: $7.5 million (+ $4.25 million roster bonus), 2011: $8.5 million (+ $4.25 million roster bonus), 2012: Free Agent. Cap charges: $4.62 million (2009), $14.21 million (2010), $15.21 million (2011).
    To me Tennessee has eleven high profile players (not Moss/Owens level) but Pro Bowler levels who don't get paid what their worth. So for Vince who may end up being worth every nickle, to stay it pans out well. Unless the Titans had 15-16 big money makers then yea cut Vince for the cap room, but that isn't the case. The Titans are very frugal in spending their money so I wouldn't imagine they cut Vince. They went into this Free Agency knowing what we know about Vince's contract. They structured around his numbers to absorb his costs as a backup for now. I would also expect Vince to restructure before letting himself be let go.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That he does, but... have you not noticed the extreme difference in TDs?

Jay Cutler's career TD/INT: 54/37
    Jay Cutler's QB rating: 87.1

Vince Young's career TD/INT: 22/33
    Vince Young's QB rating: 68.8

I don't think it's laughable, at all, to say we would have won the Super Bowl with Cutler. It's no guarantee, but Dinger knows the guy well enough, and I trust the two could have worked something out.

I'm sick of people paying more attention to his record as a QB than what he's capable of doing on the field.

Oh well... whoever brought the Cutler thing up in the first place can suck it! :)

10. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

Another Cutler is God thread?

Awesome.

I love how some of you think Cutler would have made all of our #3 receivers into all-pros.

Fricking geniuses.

Vince Young and the Titans FTW.

It's going to be awesome watching the guy get back on the field. (His return is inevitable.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar