Vikings sign Bobby Wade

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

That's fair enough. But MR is wearing the GM hat. Letting Wade get out of here (for what the Vikes are paying him) is a big mistake in my book. Chicago made that same mistake.

2. fltitan

fltitan Guest

If a lot of people here were our GM we would have Clements for 80M, Bennett for 30M, Wade 15m, Henry 25M, thats 150M. These are the kind of signings that get you in cap hell. I know a lot of people say cap will not be a factor in the future but I don't believe that. A lot of teams are overspending and it will limit them in the years to come. I respect MR for having the fortitude to resist overspending, none of these guys are worth what they got. I have faith in Fisher and the FO and they will improve our team while not throwing $ away.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

What you say is partly true for me. I'd like to have seen Henry and Wade never hit the free market and we'd have had him for less than the money they got elsewhere. I believe this was a miscalculation. I agree with the other decisions.

Fisher's hand is in this. He is going to have to get these lower tier guys to "over-achieve" and the young guys to produce (?draftees) to win. That is alot of pressure on him. The job that is being put before him is a tough one and not conducive for him sticking around past '07.

Anybody know what Fisher's contract status is?

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Your 100% rite. Include me in the list of "people who woulda spent 150 mil"

I guess I havent looked at just how much money these guys got.

5. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Look guys, the coaching staff sits down @ the end of the season, they go through each position & identify which can be upgraded from a talent stand-point. Its quite obvious that Drew, Bobby, & Travis, especially with them being FA's, were thought by the staff collectively that they could be upgraded. Therefore, as you can see, we are not going to overpay for marginal talent that can indeed be upgraded by far whether it be through FA or the draft. Its all about making the team as a whole better.

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I think they under valued what Travis would get on the open market, I dont think it has anything to do with thinking they needed upgrading at RB.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You just don't sit a deity like LenBuddha.

It just does not happen.

8. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

LenBuddha is the man :grrhee:

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Thank you for showing what these numbers actually add up to being.

Concerning the WR spot - Jones, Roby, Williams, Orr, with Givens on IR: There is a good chance we draft someone like Bowe, Meachem, Ginn, Jason Hill, Gonzo, etc. If that's the case, we'll be looking at one of the following FAs: Stallworth, Moss (via trade), Jackson (via trade), Kelley Washington and Kevin Curtis. Plus, if we need a depth guy, plenty more players will be cut over the summer and in the preseason especially.

Take a deep breath. Ohhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm........

10. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

The Patriots have done the same thing as far as letting their top recievers go the past few seasons, and that's sure seemed to kill Brady's numbers. I know, comparing Brady to Young is like comparing Michael Jordan to Chris Paul, but the point I'm trying to make is that good QBs can make due with decent recievers, I'm not seeing the same doomsday scenario that a lot of you guys are, sure I would have liked to keep Wade, but I think with the recievers we've got we can add a good FA and draft a WR in round 1 or 2 and we won't be that bad off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar