Verner Video

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avespucci, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avespucci

avespucci Practice Squad

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Is verner the smartest guy on the team?

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

can't wait to see him pick off #18 Manning.

4. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Myron Rolle probably is the smartest.

5. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

obviously a smart kid and very talented as a rookie. Its gonna be scary as he progresses, can't wait to see him 3 years from now. Would like to have his jersey if they were selling it.

6. DJB

DJB Starter

I love Fishers hair in that clip

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

"What will happen when McCourty comes back?"

Fisher: "We will cross that bridge when we get there." :scared:

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^Yep... wait for it...

9. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

I swear I will personally jump in my car and drive down to Nashville from Central PA to beat Fisher's azz if he sits this kid when McCourty is healthy. You just can't mess with the chemistry that the D secondary is showing (OK with the exception of Hopes miscues so far). McCourty was a "starter" for all of 3 games, and he looked OK back there, but this kid brings something special to the table and Fisher would be stupid to mess with that... Of course that being said, he most likely will put McCourty back in as soon as he is healthy... My only hope is that if he gets lit up, Fisher won't hesitate to go right back to Verner if that happens. This kid is special ! Listening to him speak vs. CJ is almost like well, never mind, better not go there...

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Great video. Verner was probably my new favorite player on the Titans before I saw this, and I believe he just sealed the deal. The guy has got a knack for playing defense... the kind of thing that you don't coach, some players just have it. Ray Lewis has it. Ed Reed has it. Troy Polamalu has it. The guys who just understand where the play is developing and get there in a damn hurry. Verner has intercepted passes, broken up tough balls to get to with BLANKET coverage, and laid BIG hits on much bigger guys (ask Brent Celek about that).

And listening to him speak really seals the deal, honestly. I love CJ, I love Vince, I love Kenny, but those guys aren't necessarily marketable players because of the way they compose themselves in conversation. Verner is a very intelligent sounding young man; he speaks clearly and commands the English language very well, and he wants to learn as much as he can. This dude has a very high ceiling and I hope to see him bringing good things to the tarnished #20 for many years to come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar