Verner to get the start tomorrow night

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

OK trash may not be the right word.But he is not NFL worthy.
    As a back up or as a 3rd string Qb.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Based on what? He's played a few minutes in one preseason game.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Smith certainly "looks" like an NFL QB, and the Titans have not had a 'young' prototype QB in forever. I would like too see RS make the team just because I know kfc sucks and I would rather go with an unknown in RS if VY goes down for whatever reason.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Let us not assume Rusty Smith isn't anything worthwhile just because he wasn't an early round pick. Kid's got some good tools he can build on.

5. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

No one is saying "Go Rusty, (therefore) boo Vince." They may say these things separately, but not in tandem. No one on this board has suggested it's an issue of VY VS. Rusty, especially this year and probably several years, only you would say something like that. You clearly post without reading the thread from the beginning (often).

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Let me preface by saying I've not been to a single training camp session this year. From everything I read from sportswriters, at least locally, everyone expects McCourty to win the #2 corner spot. Apparently he has been very solid in camp. Yet, nearly every practice report I read has Verner making an INT or several breakups. From the reports it certainly sounds like he is the better corner, or at least the more instinctive corner and definitely has more upside than McCourty. Again, it sounds that way. Aside from him being a rookie and Fisher not liking to start rookies, is there any reason why Verner should not be considered ahead in the #2 corner battle so far?

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think it's very likely Verner becomes a #1 at some point and it might even be this season. The issue I've seen with him is within that first five yards when a big receiver can get his hands on him. Maybe he's already improving his technique in that area but I think McCourty still holds the edge to start. IMO, McCourty has also been playing well.

8. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

All I'm saying is that we have BIGGER things to look for then Rusty Smith(verner ect..).
    This is not a VY vs RS thing.
    All I'm saying is don't waste your time talking or hoping for a third string Qb who's gonna get cut to do good because this is not gonna help the team whats so ever.
    No way Rusty is gonna get VYs job or even come close to it how stupid would i be to think that Rusty is gonna get Vys job.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

While I don't necessarily agree with you, you are right in that every year we have our "sweethearts" that we really pull for, whether it be Edison, Ealy, whoever, who never make a significant impact. This years contestants are Rusty, Rolle, and Blount. Sometimes these guys do pan out, but we get our hopes up way too much.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

me neither Fitz can burn Cortland. much less a rookie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar