Verner still the starter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I think the trick in this case is that McCourty was not a "proven veteran starter". He had only started a handful of games before this season, so it's not like there was a huge difference in experience. In Harper's case, he had been a starter at that spot for a lot of games before he was injured.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Rod Hood got a bunch of right place, right time interceptions. Did anyone see him "try" to tackle? He gave up as many plays as Harper, they were just spread out in the run and pass game while Harper was just in the passing game.

There was nothing we could have done in-season last year make our pass defense better.

3. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Alex, thats not true. Although I don't always agree with 'Tide, he's always been respectful..... as have you.

He doesn't use the "it sucks" button extensively though. You may want to work on that. I wish that button would go away. Bad addition to the site.

4. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

I was afraid they would move McCourty ahead of verner but im glad they didn't. Verner is awesome, and Im glad he is making plays. McCourty isn't bad either Verner is just better, I think McCourty is a great backup though.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I completely disagree on both counts. I have been disrespectful to posters on here. I can't say I'm sorry for it either.

I'm not sure how you find RollTide respectful when half of his posts are calling people idiots or completely misquoting people or attributing statements to posters that they didn't make.

I also don't view...

... as respectful. (although I like bigtitan53279 as a poster) This thread was created to call other posters dumb.

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=63765&page=6

What an incredibly respectful guy RollTide is.

Although I do agree in some ways. I certainly think he makes this board more pathetic than it needs to be.

6. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Alex, thats not so bad. Do you frequent other sites? Football, cooking, home repair, etc? This place is tame compared to others.

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Bodybuilding.com in particular

8. Fry

Roid rage...

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Oh sure, this board isn't half as bad as a lot of garbage out there and that's part of what makes it a great site. I still wouldn't call it "respectful" though, but I guess thats a matter of opinion.

Then there are sites that are designed specifically to be over-the-top disrespectful and its humorous (thinking of Survivorsucks.com on this one)

Certainly volnation has become much worse than this site. However the vols are going through the apocalypse.

Titans have been good for awhile but we still have posters that demean others because they have different opinions. I prefer conversations, but I'm not above being a jerk myself. Although I try to do so when its called for or when its a poster that has a history of being a jerk.

And quite frankly, I would find this website more enjoyable and better reading without RollTide on it. And not just this forum of this website, but Taboo as well. That's my opinion. (I'm positive others would be all to happy to see me disappear from this website as well.)

10. Fry

Partially correct. I'd just read the "Typical Fisher Loss" thread and was irritated. I usually don't call people out like that.

I also created it to point out something that no one was talking about. I think it shows how good of a player Verner is to play NB and CB in a pinch. I also like that Fisher says "He needs to be on the field all the time."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar