Verdict Reached in Casey Anthony Murder Trial.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jessestylex, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Male jurors are typically more sympathetic to female defendants than female jurors. It was simply a lack of evidence.

You're innocent until proven guilty. Guilt could not be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I understand and agree that the prosecution failed to sufficiently prove guilt for a capital murder charge, BUT, for the jury to not see her culpability in one of the lesser charges is what really surprised me. I mean, how can you not see negligence when the woman basically evaded questions about the daughter and partied for a MONTH after her death? This loss of ability to find the body went a long way to hamper the prosecution's case IMO.

That said, I agree that our system is very good....not perfect (as demonstrated here), but very good. Ms. Anthony will be judged someday, by someone she cannot lie to. That is good enough for me.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

All of you taking up for the Jury and saying they followed the rules needs this to happen you your child. then you would sing a different tune. it's all fun and games until it's you.

this Jury have no souls, id like to know how many of them had kids of their own. i rather the judge throw in the jail than to agree she was not guilty. at some point you have to stand up for whats right.

4. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

You would sing a different tune as well if you were a criminal defendant (possibly innocent) and had to rely on a jury to reach a verdict based on evidence presented. Nobody is saying that Casey is truly innocent in all of this. But, as a juror you have to make a judgement based on what evidence is presented at trial and not your emotions or personal opinion on what might have occurred. Quite honestly you don't know what happened to Caylee, I don't know either. Having said that, how can you reasonably expect to sentence a young woman to death without knowing how the child died, when she died and what the motive was. Do you seriously think that she premaditated the murder of her two year old daughter so she can go out and party? Who in the world would buy that motive?

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

btw there was plenty of evidence ! for starters let me kidnap your kids and lets see if you go party and shopping for a month before you tell anyone they are missing.

and then after you find my car, never mind the smell of death in the trunk!

get a clue people!

6. JiminyBillyBob

Ok dude, got it. Most people are aware of the fact that she was somehow involved in the death of her daughter and some of the evidence points to that. However, what you and many other fail to see is that she was charged with Premeditated Murder. Are you telling me that you are absolutely certain based on the evidence presented at trial that she made up a plan to kill her daughter and then carried out her plan. Keep in mind that we don't know how she died, we don't know when she died and we truly don't know the reason why Casey Anthony wanted her daughter dead. Are you even able to comprehend the difference between 1st and 2nd degree murder? Do you truly understand the standard of "beyond reasonable doubt"? Even if she is guilty, she is not the first to walk free after a trial. It happens. A small percentage of guilty offenders get acquitted because there is not enough evidence to support the charges. Stop acting like a child. Stop being ignorant. If this case wouldn't have been publicized by the media you wouldn't even know about it. Stop being a moron. By the way I do believe that she is responsible for Caylee's death. I just don't know in which capacity.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Go for it. Hopefully you leave enough evidence to get the chair :D

8. JiminyBillyBob

....And you are a Troll.

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

This Jess yahoo is obviously a kid who doesn't understand how the jury and legal system work. The prosecution screwed up. I think criminal negligence should have been one of the charges...I would think they could have atleast got her on that.

I think she is a cold hearted bit## and can't understand how any parent could go 30 days with their child missing without reporting it. She is slimy and I think she does know something (her family as well), but unfortunately you have to be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a criminal trial...and the prosecution didn't have any forensic evidence...nothing but circumstantial evidence. No where, when, why or how.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. JiminyBillyBob

Are you braindead?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar