Unsympathetic cop kept Moats from dying relative

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>Here's a <a href="http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/032609dnmetcopstop.3e9c080.html" target="_blank">horrible story</a> involving Texans running back <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8491" target="_new">Ryan Moats</a>.</p> <p>He was rushing his family to a Dallas-area hospital where his mother-in-law was about to die. He was pulled over for running a red light, and despite his pleas and the pleas of his wife, an unsympathetic police officer took his time issuing a ticket.</p> <p>When Moats got to his mother-in-law's bedside, she had passed away.</p> <p>I can hardly do the well-reported story of Steve Thompson and Tanya Eiserer justice, so I urge you to read the article and watch the accompanying video.</p> <p>The officer has been reassigned pending an investigation.</p>

More...

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I'm in no way trying to defend the cop, but I'm sure he and plenty of other cops hear stories (ones that usually aren't true) from pulled over citizens all the time like that in order to get out of a ticket. I'm sure the cop may have thought he was not telling the truth.

I'm sure that cop doesn't feel near as bad as this cop does (even five years later):
    http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/01/08/police.kill.dog/index.html

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I don't wish to detract from the awful thing happened to moats and his family but I'm just stunned at your link.

If that had happened to me,I'd have probably been killed too because cuffed or not I'd have gone bat chit crazy trying to go after the cop with the shotgun.

4. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

If you read the article first you'd see that he pulled them over next to the hospital and took 13 minutes to write the ticket. Another cop and a nurse came out of the hospital to tell the cop that the mother-in-law was really dieing....

Honestly, the cop should be fired. The article you cited also was terrible behavior by a cop also!

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Not only did he go through all of that (which sounds awful) but he's a Texan, too.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I've always believed that anyone found to be abusing the power of their office should be dealt with MUCH more harshly than someone doing something similar, but without hiding behind their authority.

Shameful.

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I had to lol at that, but if it were me, as soon as i got uncuffed, I woulda knocked that cop out cold, dropped him like a ton of bricks

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Yeah I probably would have if I had read it. But I don't want anyone to think that I was automatically siding with the cop. And in light of that information, I won't.

I now concur with you about that. That is lack of professionalism at its finest.
    Quick hijack: go to www.putnampit.com This site was created by a journalist in retaliation from being pulled over and harrassed by a jackass Cookeville cop. You'd be suprised at the lack of professionalism in that department.

True, but he and his family both received death threats for months after that, and the department recieved hate mail for longer than that. The flak and fallout he caught IMO is far worse than what I would have been able to do to him at the site.

9. millakilla8

millakilla8 MK8- OSU Beavs & Mizzou!!

What a terribly sad story,

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

so yall think it's ok to break the law depending on how a cop see's fit? or should the cop do his job and follow the book for everyone?

do Police rules say a cop must let someone go if he's in a hurry?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar