Two Titans Battling for MLB Starter Spot

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. is fowler stronger than tulloch then?

2. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

1. I'm stronger than Bulluck.:)
    2. Competition at every position is a great thing.
    3. We will be great on special teams this coming season.
    4. Did anyone read the end of the article and see how many guys were out with hammy's? Starting to sound like the Yankees.

3. there are a few positions where there is a lock tho
    vince
    oline
    kvb
    both olb
    hope

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'll be shocked if this isn't just lip service.

You don't pay Fowler to make him a backup. He's clearly the #1 and Tulloch will have to win the job by outplaying him by a considerable margin.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'd say Fowler has an edge simply because the majority of the time we are in our base 4-3 we will want the run stuffing MLB in the game. IMO Tulluch struggled at times against the run last year. When the offense is in a passing situation the MLB will not even be on the field. The fact our MLB is only in on about 50% of the snaps will also allow Fowler to play STs which is his forte.

I do expect to see Tulluch get some work on occasional 3-4 looks and goal line situations where we add an extra LB. He also might be our best backup OLB.

The only logical conclusion for bringing in Fowler with his nice contract is they were not confident in Tulluch's ability to be a middle clogging LB.

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Lamont Thompson

7. sucking

8. Xplayer52

Xplayer52 Guest

I see Fowler being a starter next season.

9. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Fowler is the big, run-stuffing LB that Fisher likes. He'll likely get the nod at the start of the season, barring a major upset by Tulloch. I think Tulloch is versatile enough to line up at all three LB spots though, so he'll be a huge asset. He'll also come in during specific situations, such as 1st and 15, maybe, or if our opponents come out with an extra TE and we feel a LB is the best to cover him. In other words, Tulloch will still get plenty of playing time.

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I hope "Tully" gets the nod. I like Fowler as a run stuffer thought but I think Tulloch will make major strides this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar