Tulloch vs Sirmon

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #90, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

#90 Camp Fodder

What do you think the chances are that we cut Sirmon in favor of Tulloch?

We don't really need the cap space, but Tulloch seems to be more fit to play the middle. Anyone know of any teams out there that we could swap Sirmon for a quality backup DT?

2. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Zero chance. I think we ride this year out and go into next season with Tulloch as the MLB.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Unless a miracle happens I think we'll be playing for a high pick next year, so it doesn't really matter if Tulloch or Sirmon starts at MLB.

4. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Niether Sirmon or Tulloch is the answer in the middle.

MLB was our "Achilles heel" last season and will be our "Achilles heel" this season. We have some OLB who can run and scrape, but we lack a beast in the middle to fill the holes.

Sirmon has not shown the ability to take on blockers, shed them, and fill the gap. He either is blown off of the ball by the offensive linemen or he attempts to run around them, leaving large holes to run through.

Tulloch has some heart and speed, but unfortunately, he is not an upgrade in the middle, because he is so undersized. The OL push him around as well. He is able to make up for it on wide plays with his speed, but on plays up the middle, he rides on "roller skates".

Until we get the middle bulked up. opposing teams will attack us on the ground at will.

5. well i think that we should have tulloch in there instead of sirmon

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Give the guy a chance I say. There have been many small, yet very good Mikes. From what I've seen, he goes against blockers better than the bigger guy, Sirmon. He's made some plays in the middle, and has beat some blocks. No LB is always going to beat the block.

7. metal957

metal957 Starter

I like the first Idea of trading sirmon for a decent DT. We need more depth and quality at the DT position.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I hope they start Tulloch next week. The coaches have said he has improved each week. The one thing for certain is that Sirmon isn't the answer right now.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Zach Thomas: 5'11, 228
    Donnie Edwards: 6'2, 227
    Al Wilson: 6'0, 240
    Stephen Tulloch: 5'11, 235

You don't have to have Urlacher size (6'4, 258) to be a great MLB.

10. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I have seen more from Tulloch in the past three games than I have seen from Sirmon in the past year. A bit of an exaggeration, but you get the picture. If not Tulloch, then maybe Randle. He is a big guy. Well, bigger than Tulloch. It's hard to believe that he was playing DB. I also think that we should get a better tackling safety to take Lamont's place. He has speed, but if you are going to rely on the sideline to be your tackling technique, you need to be replaced.

edit: Well, I just looked on the Titans website and couldn't find Randle #48. Did they already cut him? I know he played last night, because I remember seeing him. They have a Randall #31, but no #48... That's odd. I must be going crazy... I am going to take a walk. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar