TST's 2008 NBA Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TheSureThing, Jun 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

The Grizzlies are in "love" with him. Rumors are they'll definately take him if available. If not then they'll probaly trade.
  2. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

They're not good at basketball
  3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

4. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Yes, americans are much better than italians at basketball. Are you really even trying to compare italian basketball players to american basketball players? All I was saying is the reason knicks fans wouldn't like him was because there's only 2 italians in the nba I believe (bargnani and delfino). Argentinians are also better than americans in international basketball but it doesn't mean they're better players, they're just better teams. This is just a pointless argument if you're actually thinking italian basketball is comparable to american basketball
  5. TheSureThing

I don't see why your bringing race into the discussion. Are you saying New Yorkers would rather have an African American because a black person would be more marketable?

The best player will be taken.

And I don't know that USA basketball is that much better then Italian basketball. Considering USA hasn't won anything for a while now...
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'm watching the 1984 draft on NBA TV, and it's really funny to watch. Great draft.

Barkley - They ask him about pizza, lol. Hilarious.
  7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I've heard the Knicks are going to trade for the 5th pick

Grizz- trade the 5th, Brian Cardinal, throw in players
    Knicks- David Lee, throw in players

If I was a Grizz fan I'd puke.
  8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Yeah, but they can only play that well while gay 90's music is playing as a soundtrack!

But seriously, let's see how well these teams match-up now that the US is actually sending a legit team over that has a bit of chemistry. Them winning that game is no different from when our US soccer team beats a good euro team in a friendly while they're best players arent in the game and ours are.
  9. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I'm really confused as to how you think I brought race into the discussion. You asked what I had against italians and all I said was they're not good at basketball. At no point did I mention having to draft an african american. A team who needs a quick fix usually will not look oversees. I don't think the knicks are looking for a 2 year project who possibly could pan out. And also at no point did I say team USA is better than team Italy. American basketball players are better than italian basketball players though there's no question about it. The teams are close because it's a different game and the american team does not have any kind of role players. They have a bunch of superstars who don't know how to do the little things.
  10. TheSureThing

I guess I went on a "semi rant" and thought you implied things you didn't imply. But I don't think USA > Italy is relevant in this scenario when your looking at taking the best player available on the board, not comparing Italian Basketball Players vs USA Basetkball players.

I feel, if this guy is on the board when the Knicks pick, they will draft him.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.