Travis Henry likely to be cut on Saturday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

LenBuddha-time has begun.

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Well I officialy dont like this new GM.

Get rid of Travis?

WTF?

LenDale cant carry the load

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How do you know?

And the GM is doing fine.

4. White was the 2nd round pick for a reason: he can play. And on the assumption that Henry isn't coming back, we'll soon see just how well he can play...

As for Henry, it's all about money. As I've said many times before, Henry is not an elite RB (not to mention he is already 29 and is a major drug risk). And in the salary cap era, you don't give big contracts to non-elite RBs if you want to win football games...

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

I dont know. Cutting Travis after the numbers he put up last season is idiotic. If anything we should trade him back to Buffalo for McGahee. Even tho that wont work. I swear to god if we end up signing a veteran running back like Dillion im gonna freak out. Can you say another rebuilding year in the works. I CAN!

6. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Henry to be Released Tomorrow

SUMMARY: With the Titans unable to reach a deal to keep RB Travis Henry, it appears very likely he will be released this weekend so that the Titans will not have to pay the $8.3 million roster bonus which is due him Monday. It appears both sides may feel free agency is the best route for Henry. "I still would be optimistic that he would return," Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt said. "Sometimes you need to look at the market and see what all is out there. I'm not sure that's a terrible thing. It's one thing to sit back and say 'If I were a free agent, people would offer me this.' It's a different thing when they actually become a free agent and find out what people are willing to offer them. Sometimes that's not a bad thing."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I was hoping for good things from him but so far he hasn't shown it. They showed him on the news last night at the Kats game..he looked rather large for a RB...yeah I know TV makes you look bigger :rolleyes:

8. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Hes a load

I dont want another Eddie George. I wanted a Travis Henry

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

my god, what is it with people who panic so early.

Henry's 1200 yards was equally a result of the O-Line change and VY as a duel threat.

As SK said White is a 2nd round pick, he can play and he has to prove it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar