Trade up to #2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Brian, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Did anyone hear Michael Smith on sportscenter tonite? He said the titans were one of 3 teams who had talked to atlanta about Schaub, and from atlanta's standpoint would have the best chance of getting him because we would swap Volek, so they would still have a solid backup. I dont know the truth to this, but if they are discussing bring in another QB then they obviously arent sold on any of these guys in the draft. With that being said there is no way we are trading up.

2. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

Volek and Sirmon for Schaub and their #3!!!!

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont think they will give us any high picks. They arent in a position to where they have to, or even want to trade Schaub. They simply have a guy that other people seem to like, so if they get a good deal they will take it, but they wont give up a 3rd rounder i promise ya that.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

They didn't have to say all of that. Trading up is nuts. It was never a possibility anyways. I can't figure what we would want with Schaub. He's an upgrade over Volek. They talking about him being heir-McNair? Ok. That makes no sense to me but I don't doubt it was reported. I'll just eat bannana pancakes until the world makes sense again.

I think trading up for Leinart is a bad idea. I think Leinart is a natural choice if he is available. It's ok to settle with Vince Young. Trading down and getting Cutler is not a horrible idea.

Tennessee offers Leinart the perfect system.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

WHy does it make no sense? Schaub has been very good when given the opportunity, though I will give you that those opportunities have been limited. But he is every bit as proven as a rookie QB. Plus, if we get Schaub we still have the third pick to draft else where. I think it makes perfect sense depending on just how much atlanta is asking.

I dont understand this idea about Leinart fitting into our system. Chow didnt come here to be a career OC for the titans, he came here in hopes of getting HC offers at the college level ala Charlie Weiss. There is no reason to draft a QB to fit an offensive system when your OC is probably only going to be here a couple of more years anyway.

6. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

I've been saying that for a while now! Any QB we take is going to outlast Chow....we won games playing ball control ...not running a run and shoot type offense. Other than the Rams when they beat us by a yard, name a SB winner that won with a high flying Chow-type offense....my high school's offense was more sophisticated than the Steelers two runs up the middle and pass on 3rd and 4 system and look what they did.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

What do we need with him? I don't think he's really what the Titans are looking for or need. We've got McNair for now.
    Where you may be correct about Chow heading off in a few years... does it make sense to undo whatever he does while he is here? If that were the case it sounds to me as if we are wasting our time with the guy. Plus Chow has not declared that he will head on. Just that he's got a contract up for renewal next year... Fisher does not want growing pains again with yet another OC. He's got a contract to renew himself. Honestly, I'm lost on why we would pay draft capital for Schuab. It's all good. If you are right and Atlanta makes a deal with us... be sure to rub it in my face. I'll say you told me so... whatever. I just don't see it happening.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I'm sorry. I don't mean to pick on you. I'm not really a jerk once you get to know me, but waaa???? High flying Chow-type offense? What does that look like? Who is running a run and shoot? I don't think a team has run that since I was in elementary school. Ball control is good. I especcially like it when it is predicated on the run...but, you overlook this... Chow's offense is a short passing game (ball control) ... Even Matt wimpy arm could but enough zip on the ball for a 6 yard out pattern. Where are you going with this?

[​IMG]

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Well if thats the case what do we need with Leinart? Schaub has been in the league what, 2 years? He is still a young QB who looks to have loads of potential. I really see no difference in acquiring him than going with a rookie. Especially considering we could then use the 3rd pick on another player. I think its perfectly reasonable, depending on just how much atlanta is asking for.

Spending the 3rd pick on a QB is spending draft capital too is it not? If we take Schaub we still have the 3rd pick, and we get our QB of the future. If we take Leinart we have our QB of the future, but no longer have our 3rd pick? Im not sure why you think this is so unreasonable, Im not saying it will happen, but I certainly think its worth looking into.

Most all coordinaters want to be HC, I dont think there is any secret about that. And we were pretty successful under Heimerdinger too werent we? WHy didnt we just hire a guy to run that system? Its Chows system, you cant just bring in anybody off the street and expect them to run a system like Chows without missing a beat. If Chow is gone, most likely his system is gone too.

And what are you talking about rubbing it in your face. We dont have to agree on everything, and I think Im being pretty civil here, settle down.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Everyone can be wrong. Gambling first day and future picks makes no sense, no matter who the QB is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar