Trade up, or down.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24

24 Starter

Jared Cook, but not sure if you were being sarcastic.

2. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

If Berry slips, then we should snag him, but we have too many needs on our defense to be giving up picks.
    That being said the only viable option would be to trade down. Would the patriots be interested in trading 16 for a couple of second rounders? or a second and a third?

How would you guys rate the defense group in this years draft? In my opinion its deep.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I guess it depends on how the DE goes in the draft. I just don't see the huge margin of separation between JPP, Derrick Morgan, Brandon Graham, Everson Griffin, Jerry Hughes. They all have their question marks.

If Clausen or CJ Spiller were to fall to us, our pick maybe more valuable. The way a lot of mocks look, what if we could trade down and get Hughes and Cody? Or Everson Griffin and McCourty?

We need to get on the phone with the Chargers. Our 16th for their 28th and 40th. Point-wise we are in favor by about 100 on the deal so we may have to throw in some late round garbage picks on that trade. And you know the Chargers will want CJ Spiller to replace LT, right? Yes. Make this trade happen.

oooh its fun to pretend.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We should probably stay put at 16. The last time we had a pick around there we landed Haynesworth. I'd LOVE to get Berry somehow tho. I'd trade a 1st and 3rd to move up close enough for Berry. He's a game changer, and with questions at both CB and safety, he could do a lot of good for us.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I don't see us trading to get an earlier pick simply because it would be excessively expensive. Is it worth giving up our 3rd rounder (especially when we don't have a 2nd this year) to take Haden? Trading up to get Berry would be very costly because he will be a top 10 guy anyway.

Now I'd prefer we stay where we are and get a target player but if they really like a guy like Graham and feel fairly confident he can be taken a few picks later why not? Still you don't want to screw around and end up not getting the guy you want.

I do think with the number of DEs available we could have a few closely ranked so we could trade down being fairly sure we can get one. With all the QBs, OTs the two DTs and Berry most likely going ahead of our pick we should have our pick of DEs with the possible exception of Morgan. If Wilson or Haden are what we are looking for one of those guys should be there at 16. Thomas has a good shot of being there at 16 as well.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

You said it.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I hope we get lucky like that this time around.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If he's somehow on the board at 9 when the Bills select, I hope we attempt to trade up. I'd give up 1st, 3rd, and 4th just to move up 7 spots and draft Berry.

Well hell I'd trade the whole draft to go up and get him so its good I'm no GM. But moving from 16 to 9 seems within the realm of realistic possibility.

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I don't know if that's enough of an offer to move up. To get the Bills, or anyone else to part with a top 10 pick we'd probably have to give them our 1 this year and next years first or second.

But maybe we can package a player or two with a pick and move up. But as Kuharsky always says, to trade up or down you've got to find another team willing to do the trade.

Honestly, as much as I'd like to land Berry, I think I'd rather trade down, pick up a late 1 and a 2nd rounder and get a combo of players like Hughes and Weatherspoon, Graham and Parrish. Something like that.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If both the Chiefs and Browns pass on Berry, we might not need to trade up. Who else before our pick is in need of a DB?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar